Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

COMAND System & iPod Integration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
COMAND System & iPod Integration

Should be picking up my R350 tonight or tomorrow. I had the iPod integration kit installed. Does anyone know if the playlist/track are displayed on the COMAND screen as well as the instrument cluster?

Also, does the CD Player play MPEG-4 files burned onto a CD from iTunes?

Help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-07-2006, 12:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 GL350, 2015 750i
Tracks displayed on the instrument cluster only and you cannot use the iPod controls on the iPod while connected to the integration kit... you navigate through the steering wheel controls.

If by burning iTunes .m4p/.m4a tracks onto CD you mean as an audio CD, then of course. If you mean as an mp3 CD, then no. Only iPods and iTunes can play songs (.m4p) purchased from iTunes Music Store. MB's mp3 player can only handle mp3 files, not .m4a (non-DRM) files.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:10 PM
GUR

Question AV cable and adapter box and AUX adapter

dear all, I have ML270CDI 2002. I intend to install iPod (preferably play movies together with mp3) I heard that I can install the mp3 player by using aux adapter. any idea if this is available as original MBenz part, if not any idea where it can be obtained. Also is it a night mare to install?
your help is appreciated
Old 03-07-2006, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Originally Posted by jsegerson
Should be picking up my R350 tonight or tomorrow. I had the iPod integration kit installed. Does anyone know if the playlist/track are displayed on the COMAND screen as well as the instrument cluster?

Also, does the CD Player play MPEG-4 files burned onto a CD from iTunes?

Help would be greatly appreciated!
Apple's Digital Rights Management (DRM) scheme will not allow you to convert "protected AAC" files (used in songs purchased from the iTunes Music Store) to .mp3. However, you can convert all of the other files (unprotected AAC, AIFF, mp3 (MPEG), and Apple Lossless) to .mp3 and burn them to an .mp3 CD using iTunes.

You can also burn your "protected AAC" files to a CD, where it is converted to an AIFF file, and play those.

When I had my iPod integrated into my '00 S500 I imported my music into iTunes either as AIFF or Apple Lossless files, which are very good quality, and just used the iPod. Mine was a 40GB version, and I only used 22GB of it with nearly 4000 songs.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Almost a Member!

05'Maybach 57,06'R 500,04'Range RoverHSE,06'cls55
does anyone know if you can install the ipod integration kit on a leased car????
Old 03-15-2006, 11:54 AM

Ipod Integration on Leased Car

Yes, you can. My R350 is leased with the Ipod Integration Kit installed. Make sure you get the directions on how to use it. I had to figure it out on my own and wasn't easy.