Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Harmon Kardon Stereo sucks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 04:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05' C230K S.S.
Harmon Kardon Stereo sucks

Hey guys, I have an 05' C230K S.S. with the Harmon Kardon stereo & it's happened again, the audio just goes out for no reason, the thing lights up & when I stick a cd in the dash it will play but there's just no audio, radio changes stations, but when I hit the cd changer button it tells me "no cdc", like I said this has happened a number of times before, I've taken it in before & they reset the thing, or sometimes it just comes back after a day or so, anyone have any experience / explenations for this? Call me crazy, but I don't think this should be happening again & again on a "Quality German Engineered Luxury Car" that vosts $35K.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by 1sikbenz
Hey guys, I have an 05' C230K S.S. with the Harmon Kardon stereo & it's happened again, the audio just goes out for no reason, the thing lights up & when I stick a cd in the dash it will play but there's just no audio, radio changes stations, but when I hit the cd changer button it tells me "no cdc", like I said this has happened a number of times before, I've taken it in before & they reset the thing, or sometimes it just comes back after a day or so, anyone have any experience / explenations for this? Call me crazy, but I don't think this should be happening again & again on a "Quality German Engineered Luxury Car" that vosts $35K.
From what I hear, '05's and up are solid regarding your car's audio/Telematics network (MOST bus). Your dealer should be able to fix it if he's keeping track of what he's done to it in the past.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:21 PM

I just had the same thing happen minutes ago. My wife got in my new CLK350 cabriolet and no sound radio/cd/etc. hit cdc button and the same error popped up. I have had the car for 10 days.

This is the non-navigation head unit with H-K radio system. Needless to say, I am not pleased. I will be contacting the dealer in the am. A car costing nearly $60,000 should not have this issue and I see that I am not alone.