Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Anyone try syncing AWS Bluetooth w/ Treo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 09:12 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 Volvo XC90 Magic/Amber, '95 E320 Cabriolet Midnight,'14 GL350 Lunar/Almond was '07 GL320CDI
Anyone try syncing AWS Bluetooth w/ Treo?

Did it work?

I have treo, trying to decide whether to get wife Treo, or to settle for Razr, which i know will work. We work together and i'd like her to have mobile email as i do, so she can no longer claim "unavailablility".
Old 05-06-2006, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile TREO sync.

I just purchased an SL550 and added a bluetooth PICK. My Treo paired ok and can initiate / receive calls. CallerID shows up on the screen as well as called list, etc. However, it did not push my address book to the head unit so I have to initiate call from my Treo if I want to use stored addresses. I haven't had time to play with it more extensively, but at least the basic functions work. BTW - there's no way I could give up access to my email, calendar, etc.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:16 PM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by jjprusk
I just purchased an SL550 and added a bluetooth PICK. My Treo paired ok and can initiate / receive calls. CallerID shows up on the screen as well as called list, etc. However, it did not push my address book to the head unit so I have to initiate call from my Treo if I want to use stored addresses. I haven't had time to play with it more extensively, but at least the basic functions work. BTW - there's no way I could give up access to my email, calendar, etc.
Thanks for the info. I have a Treo and have been trying to decide if I should install the BT Puck...but no one could tell me if the Treo would sync.

Based on your info...I think I will do it. Just hope to find a way to download the phonebook - that would be PERFECT. Question...can you dial with the number pad?

Thanks
Old 05-06-2006, 06:13 PM

T650 sync

I tried dialing from the keypad and it did not work. As a matter of fact, it actuall hung the system (cut out sound, hung on tel menu, etc.). I had to shut the car down in order to reset it...
Old 05-09-2006, 08:21 PM

If you are looking to buy a Treo, choose the 700w. It's Bluetooth function is more stable and further developed compared to the 650. This doesn't mean it will work flawlessly with Bluetooth hands-free systems but you will have a much better chance for success.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:28 PM

2019 Volvo XC90 Magic/Amber, '95 E320 Cabriolet Midnight,'14 GL350 Lunar/Almond was '07 GL320CDI
Bought the PUCK...it ROCKS

WOrks with the babysitter's Razr perfectly, but also so far so good with my Treo...have you other guys paired as car kits instead of heatsets? Mine is the latest Cingular version which was updated to support Motorola bluetooth headset settings, so i guess that helps...

Now, i still have to get my wife to decide which phone. ANd then figure out how the system in the car chooses which of our phones to "pair" with if we're both present and phones ring...
Old 05-10-2006, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by carpersn
WOrks with the babysitter's Razr perfectly, but also so far so good with my Treo...have you other guys paired as car kits instead of heatsets? Mine is the latest Cingular version which was updated to support Motorola bluetooth headset settings, so i guess that helps...

Now, i still have to get my wife to decide which phone. ANd then figure out how the system in the car chooses which of our phones to "pair" with if we're both present and phones ring...
The Bluetooth module can only connect to one device at a time. If you both get in the car at the same time, it will always try to connect with the last device it was connected to first. If it can't find it, it will start to look for other paired devices to connect to.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:24 PM

Bought the Razr in new Midnight Blue color to match the Benz

Works flawlessly with the system, except for a slight buzz when bluetooth is in use (that is the case when i use my earpiece and Treo in the car as well-so it must interfere with something else)...

Although I'm a gadget fiend, i've always made my wife keep the digital startac for safety reasons (voice control, etc), but now...it's great! just wish there was wireless charging available....
Old 05-12-2006, 01:55 PM

Works flawlessly with the system, except for a slight buzz when bluetooth is in use (that is the case when i use my earpiece and Treo in the car as well-so it must interfere with something else)...

Although I'm a gadget fiend, i've always made my wife keep the digital startac for safety reasons (voice control, etc), but now...it's great! just wish there was wireless charging available....
I saw a demo at CES where a Chinese outfit was actually promoting wireless charging! They sell a powered mat (looked like a mouse pad) with an inductor molded inside. Then, they offer an assortment of flat inductors with mini power jacks that permenently stick on the devices to be charged. There was an assortement for cellphones, cameras, and PDA's. To charge, just place the devices on the mat... ...No Wires!

Maybe MB could build this mat into the bottom of their center consoles (or seats for those that like to carry their phones in their pockets)!
Old 05-16-2006, 02:54 AM

2003 CL600

I have a Treo 650 w/ the v60 BT adapter and get the same buzz. It happens right as the call initiates and lasts for about 2 seconds.

Other than the fact that the phonebook doesnt sync (a little annoying) - I like it. I dont use the phonebook too much anyway since the car has voice activation and I use that feature MUCH more often.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:45 PM

2007 S65
jjprusk

So are you still using the BT Pick in you S550 with the Treo 650. I want to make the jump but no guts yet. What works and doesn't work?
Old 02-06-2007, 08:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C320 Coupe MT
I have a Treo 700w, and it works with both the puck and the MHI bluetooth adaptor. However, only as a headset - no phone book download.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:29 AM

2007 S65
Originally Posted by mbbodytech
I have a Treo 700w, and it works with both the puck and the MHI bluetooth adaptor. However, only as a headset - no phone book download.
Okay forrgive my ignorance but I don't know what a "puck" is. Is it also made by MB? Is it for 2007 model vehicles? What's the differance between that and the "MHI Bluetooth Interface Module". Thanks
Old 02-07-2007, 02:59 PM

04 C320 Coupe MT
Originally Posted by kevinwa
Okay forrgive my ignorance but I don't know what a "puck" is. Is it also made by MB? Is it for 2007 model vehicles? What's the differance between that and the "MHI Bluetooth Interface Module". Thanks
The "puck" is for 2004 and previous models, and the MHI is for 2005 models and later, so that is what you have.

Your Treo should work with it, although with limited functionality.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:00 PM

2007 S65
Originally Posted by mbbodytech
The "puck" is for 2004 and previous models, and the MHI is for 2005 models and later, so that is what you have.

Your Treo should work with it, although with limited functionality.
Thanks for the help. I guess I have to decide how much "limited functionality is worth" I think that thing is $300 or $400
Old 02-08-2007, 01:05 PM

03 E320
Is there anyone who DOESN'T hear that "buzzing" noise for 2 seconds with their Treo and BT puck? I am wondering if it makes a difference whether the Treo model is 650, 700p or 700w?
Old 02-08-2007, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
BT problems - Here's Why In Most Cases

See the link at http://www.benzworld.org/forums/show...26#post2222126 (or the shorter, but essentially same one at https://mbworld.org/forums/audio-electronics/180547-bluetooth-voice-quality-assessment-razr-v3-cradle-combo.html to understand why some phones work, and others don't, together with a field test of some of the explanations.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:55 PM

2004 E500 4matic appearance pkg
Treo

Had a treo and the V60 puck. I got the treo and BT device to link. Phone book did not sync (i.e. push/link) Further, car keypad did not work. Further, Command voice call did not work. Thus, only think the Treo did was to use my system as a headset/mic after the call was initiated by me on the Treo keypad.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:48 AM

Pinto
help buying what i need to yap via benzo

if i have an 07 that has the hands free communication system will i only need the mhi bluetooth adaptor? or do i have to buy anything else.

all i have is the sprint blackerry and this sweet new benz-

please help!
Old 02-19-2007, 07:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Originally Posted by acucu
if i have an 07 that has the hands free communication system will i only need the mhi bluetooth adaptor? or do i have to buy anything else.

all i have is the sprint blackerry and this sweet new benz-

please help!
Checking the AWS site at http://www.wireless4mb.com/ indicates that certain Blackberry models used with Verizon, Cingular (ATT), and T-Mobile have been certified. Go to the AWS compatibility chart, select your '07 E-Class, and select the Bluetooth puck as your equipment (that is the device you would have to purchase). With a certified Blackberry, the BT puck for MHI is all you would need to purchase.

I cannot say whether your Sprint Blackberry model or firmware will be compatible. The link in my immediate prior post explained why. You might discuss this with AWS.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:29 AM

Pinto
sprint blackberry

getting it today will post on how the sprint blackberry works
Old 08-10-2007, 07:58 AM

I have a Treo 700w paired to the Bluetooth "Dongle" and it works fine. It sees my speed dial list as a phone book too. This is installed in a 2005 E320.