Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

"AWS-Sold" phones vs. "Carrier-sold" phones?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 07:41 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 Volvo XC90 Magic/Amber, '95 E320 Cabriolet Midnight,'14 GL350 Lunar/Almond was '07 GL320CDI
"AWS-Sold" phones vs. "Carrier-sold" phones?

ANyone know if there is any difference in the phones sold by AWS as opposed to the one you would buy at, say, the Cingular store? Is there an MB logo or something on it?

Right now Razr's are practically free everywhere and $250 from AWS. I do want the best integration, but i'm not willing to take one for the AWS/MB team either.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The handsets are the same as found at retail stores. AWS advantage is that they will only ship approved software levels.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
The software inside the MB Branded phones has slight differences to enable the phone to communicate with the COMAND head unit.

(Just like the options available to you on the settings area of your speedo are different than mine, based on what equipment is installed in each of our cars.) Phones not destined by Motorola to be sold by MB do not have the unneeded additional software & menu choices loaded inside the phone.