Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Telephone Problem

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-12-2006, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500(Sold), SL500(Sold), C350(Sold), ML350, SL65
Telephone Problem

I´m have some problems with my telephone that I just installed I have a Nokia 6310i in the armrest. I had the dealer activated with the star program, but when I got home and but the phone in the cradler and push the Tel button I get message saying " Telephone being activated please wait". Does any one know what could be the problem. This is on a W211 E500.
Thanks!
Old 05-13-2006, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Originally Posted by geeaccord
I´m have some problems with my telephone that I just installed I have a Nokia 6310i in the armrest. I had the dealer activated with the star program, but when I got home and but the phone in the cradler and push the Tel button I get message saying " Telephone being activated please wait". Does any one know what could be the problem. This is on a W211 E500.
Thanks!
Does the phone ever cycle in? It sometimes takes up to 30 seconds. You get that message while the phone is booting up and doing its "handshake" with the car's equipment. If it doesn't cycle in, try the following:

1) Check that your phone's connectors don't have lint or other garbage in them. Easily picked up from pocket or purse. Check that the cradle connectors are clean as well.
2) Be sure the phone is turned on before plugging it into the cradle.
3) With the phone in the cradle, turn the ignition off, wait a few seconds, then turn it back on.
4) Pause with ignition "on" (acccessory position) for a few seconds before cranking the engine.
5) If the above fail, check the connections between the cradle and the console. You system is recognizing the phone, so some connections are being made - but not necessarily all.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:29 PM

Telephone Problem

Originally Posted by Skylaw
Does the phone ever cycle in? It sometimes takes up to 30 seconds. You get that message while the phone is booting up and doing its "handshake" with the car's equipment. If it doesn't cycle in, try the following:

1) Check that your phone's connectors don't have lint or other garbage in them. Easily picked up from pocket or purse. Check that the cradle connectors are clean as well.
2) Be sure the phone is turned on before plugging it into the cradle.
3) With the phone in the cradle, turn the ignition off, wait a few seconds, then turn it back on.
4) Pause with ignition "on" (acccessory position) for a few seconds before cranking the engine.
5) If the above fail, check the connections between the cradle and the console. You system is recognizing the phone, so some connections are being made - but not necessarily all.
Hey, I try them step's but nothing still work on the phone. I will try to un-hook the phone and re-install just the phone parts hope that will help. Call the dealer they didn't knew of any step to try just I need to bring it back let them look back at it. That is just 90 miles aways from me and the way the gas prices are didn't want to go back there again so soon.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:58 PM

Question

Hey, still having a problem with the phone. The MB dealer been working on it since Friday and still have my car. The problem is the the cradle isn't getting no power to it. Any one know of this problem or had this happen to them.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1986 560SEL, 97 BMW 740iL
Sounded like a defected cable or something got loosed.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:19 PM

w211
hello now i have the same problem, telephone is being activated, please wait.
i make about 30 min running with y car and the same problem, any news for this problem
Old 05-15-2014, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
wonder if it is possible utilizing that phone on analog. should of just got the tooki unit from navtv.