Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Argos Bluetooth Installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 10:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C320 Coupe
Argos Bluetooth Installation

I got my Argos Bluetooth module Wednesday and installed it last night. Boy, it works nice. I’m really glad I didn’t order the MB V60 Bluetooth setup. I want to thank Peleli https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ghlight=peleli for the excellent pictures and instructions. I won’t post additional pics. Total install time was about 2.5 hours including a run to Autozone for fuses. I could do it the second one in 20 or 30 minutes now that I know where everything is and how the fiber loop. The only tools required were a flat tip screw driver and a cutter to trim the wire ties.

The good:
1. The box works as advertised and probably better than the MB Bluetooth. It even recognizes the voice activation in my phone; however, I don’t have any phone numbers stored with voice dial to test.
2. I have the phone book through the steering wheel controls and full control through the radio to dial numbers
3. It costs half as much as the MB option, works with most MB phones, and is very easy to install. Plus it only took two business days to receive.
4. The rep at EuroCarPhones was very helpful and accurately answered my only question this morning on its use (an impatient operator error).

The Bad:
1. The installation instructions were terrible. I would not have figured out the fiber loop without Peleli’s pictures. The instructions are only available online and they display in a very small frame within the sight. The installation pictures are not aligned with the verbiage that goes with the pictures.
2. It takes about 30 to 60 seconds for the phone to sync with the car each time I start the car. An additional 30 to 60 seconds is needed to download the phonebook. Failure to wait for the phonebook to download before searching the phonebook will cause the phonebook download to stop. Again, impatient operator and the cause of my only question.

Observation: Everyone says fuse 13, 16, 40, and 44 are required to get it to work in a W203. I didn’t have the fuse adapter for fuse 40 and didn’t install it. The phone works fine without fuse 40. The other three were installed before I tried using the phone, so I’m not sure if any others can be omitted.

Last edited by TNblkc230wz; 06-09-2006 at 10:07 PM.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210, W220, W203
What options do you have?
I have an 01 C320 with Bose, Euro command, Sport and Cd changer but this thing does not work!

Originally Posted by TNblkc230wz
I got my Argos Bluetooth module Wednesday and installed it last night. Boy, it works nice. I’m really glad I didn’t order the MB V60 Bluetooth setup. I want to thank Peleli https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ghlight=peleli for the excellent pictures and instructions. I won’t post additional pics. Total install time was about 2.5 hours including a run to Autozone for fuses. I could do it the second one in 20 or 30 minutes now that I know where everything is and how the fiber loop. The only tools required were a flat tip screw driver and a cutter to trim the wire ties.

The good:
1. The box works as advertised and probably better than the MB Bluetooth. It even recognizes the voice activation in my phone; however, I don’t have any phone numbers stored with voice dial to test.
2. I have the phone book through the steering wheel controls and full control through the radio to dial numbers
3. It costs half as much as the MB option, works with most MB phones, and is very easy to install. Plus it only took two business days to receive.
4. The rep at EuroCarPhones was very helpful and accurately answered my only question this morning on its use (an impatient operator error).

The Bad:
1. The installation instructions were terrible. I would not have figured out the fiber loop without Peleli’s pictures. The instructions are only available online and they display in a very small frame within the sight. The installation pictures are not aligned with the verbiage that goes with the pictures.
2. It takes about 30 to 60 seconds for the phone to sync with the car each time I start the car. An additional 30 to 60 seconds is needed to download the phonebook. Failure to wait for the phonebook to download before searching the phonebook will cause the phonebook download to stop. Again, impatient operator and the cause of my only question.

Observation: Everyone says fuse 13, 16, 40, and 44 are required to get it to work in a W203. I didn’t have the fuse adapter for fuse 40 and didn’t install it. The phone works fine without fuse 40. The other three were installed before I tried using the phone, so I’m not sure if any others can be omitted.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:58 PM

2006 SLK350, Auto, Premium, Entertainment, Lighting, AMG Sport Pkg, Designo Pkg (Graphite)
Had a few problems

I installed Argos in my '03 C240 (with Comand). The installation did not go as easily as I had thought it would. The biggest problem was that although my car was pre-wired for a telephone, I did not have the Tel In/Out fiber optic cables in my trunk. I did however, find an unused set of fiber optic cables (I believe they were labeled "Sound 2") which ended up working fine.

After installing the Argos and pairing it with my cell phone, the system seemed to work fine with the exception of it not staying continually connected to my phone via bluetooth. My phone would disconnect (and reconnect after a few seconds) rather randomly, however the problem seemed to be getting worse over the course of a few weeks. As an example, during a twenty minute drive my phone disconnected (and reconnected) almost twenty times.

I called Eurocarphone and they suggested that I first try to reposition the Argos unit in the trunk. I tried this but it didn't solve the problem. So I contacted Cingular and exchanged my phone (under warranty) for the same exact model. I received the replacement about 10 days ago and so far everything is working correctly - no more problems with the phone disconnecting from Argos. (According to Eurocarphone, this is a somewhat common problem with some Sony Ericsson phones.)

The unit works as advertisted - displays caller ID, mutes the stereo sound while in a call, the steering wheel phone buttons function, sound quality is great. The only that that seems to be hit or miss (at least for me) is my phone book - it does not always transfer, and when it does not all entries are there. This could, however, be a problem with my phone. This isn't a huge deal for me as I can always initate the call from my phone.

Just thought I would share my experiences as they might help anyone who's trying the Argos system.

Last edited by camarc; 06-11-2006 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-12-2006, 04:09 PM

Sony-Ericsson, Samsung, and Treo older that 700 can be less than solid with Bluetooth hands-free connections. They're not bad phones, it's just the way they implement the Bluetooth spec.

Keep this in mind when you update your handset in the future and you'll be okay.