Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Thinkin bout gettin rid of my system now....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
Thinkin bout gettin rid of my system now....

I'm seriously thinkin bout gettin rid of my system that i just had someone put in... its got a 1000W Mono Alpine Amp and a 10 inch JL W6V2 sub. I had the guy remove the bose mic and the volume still goes up and down after like 15-20min driving. I did the search on the forumn and everything i dk what to do anymore. I just dk bout spendin more money and gettin a headunit.

does neone know how to fix it. please dont respond if your going to tell me to search b/c i've been there done that.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:45 PM

03 ML500
Originally Posted by BlackLiquorish8
I'm seriously thinkin bout gettin rid of my system that i just had someone put in... its got a 1000W Mono Alpine Amp and a 10 inch JL W6V2 sub. I had the guy remove the bose mic and the volume still goes up and down after like 15-20min driving. I did the search on the forumn and everything i dk what to do anymore. I just dk bout spendin more money and gettin a headunit.

does neone know how to fix it. please dont respond if your going to tell me to search b/c i've been there done that.

Do you have a NAV unit or just CD player on your MCS?
Old 06-28-2006, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
Originally Posted by m500
Do you have a NAV unit or just CD player on your MCS?

i have the Bose sound system no Nav, i have the regular cassette player along with the stock 6 disk cd changer
Old 06-28-2006, 07:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
.... nothing to brag about, it is a previous model....
Do the quick test.
Playing your beeeeeatching sound system and turn your dome light on while driving in the "stop and go" city.

If your dome light flicker, then you definitely need more power. You might need toadd another battery to your car. (1000W Amp does consume lots power)

Also, try disconnect your "Speed sensing control" off your radio... (cut off A-1)

Last edited by no_clue; 06-28-2006 at 07:39 PM.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
Originally Posted by no_clue
Do the quick test.
Playing your beeeeeatching sound system and turn your dome light on while driving in the "stop and go" city.

If your dome light flicker, then you definitely need more power. You might need toadd another battery to your car. (1000W Amp does consume lots power)

Also, try disconnect your "Speed sensing control" off your radio... (cut off A-1)

i forgot to say my amp is only turned up half way i've realized that the crazy blaring volume change does it more when its hot out. I drove home tonight from skool at night just now and it was fine. Is the "Speed sensing control" the same as the Bose Mic?
Old 06-28-2006, 08:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 AMG E63s
Did you have your system installed professionaly ?

I had a problem where the feft hand side would fade in and out in a 90 model BMW 535i.

It ended up being a faulty RCA cable.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
Originally Posted by Aussie-E-John
Did you have your system installed professionaly ?

I had a problem where the feft hand side would fade in and out in a 90 model BMW 535i.

It ended up being a faulty RCA cable.

ya i had it installed professionally and i made sure everything was new to start with amp, wires, etc
Old 06-28-2006, 09:09 PM

2018 AMG E63s
See if the shop will install a different head unit and drive around with it for a couple of days to see if the problem still exists.

If you bought the gear off them and they installed the system they should at least do this for you.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
Originally Posted by Aussie-E-John
See if the shop will install a different head unit and drive around with it for a couple of days to see if the problem still exists.

If you bought the gear off them and they installed the system they should at least do this for you.

ya i really havent been happy with this audio place that i got my system done there. When i brought up the point that my system gets louder and softer for no reason what so ever and told him bout the whole bose mic he told me that he has never seen or heard this before. From what i've read on this forumn i think this is a very common problem for benz' with bose systems. Ya i think the best solution would be to get a new headunit also.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
The COMAND in my E55 has the same problem, my dealer supposedly switched off the mic/sensor. The S/A can't explain why it still gets louder & softer like it has a mind of it's own, and they won't let me speak directly with a technician. I'm constantly fiddling with the volume to adjust it while driving. It is extremely frustrating. I had my system done at a very respectable shop and they can't kill it either.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
.... nothing to brag about, it is a previous model....
i forgot to say my amp is only turned up half way i've realized that the crazy blaring volume change does it more when its hot out. I drove home tonight from skool at night just now and it was fine. Is the "Speed sensing control" the same as the Bose Mic?

"Speed sensing control" is stock radio automatically increase its volume when driving (depend on model) in high speed (W210 at >35mph), and decrease volume when slowing down. ( when off accelerator and <20mph)
However, I think it will ONLY work with stock amp, especially fiber optic setup.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
Originally Posted by no_clue
"Speed sensing control" is stock radio automatically increase its volume when driving (depend on model) in high speed (W210 at >35mph), and decrease volume when slowing down. ( when off accelerator and <20mph)
However, I think it will ONLY work with stock amp, especially fiber optic setup.

Personally i think the only way for me the fix the problem is just to get a new headunit. I really want to get a double din tv but its loot and i dont want to just get some cheap BS headunit b/c i rather use my stock but this whole volume up and down is drivin me crazy.... but if it does the job i'll change the headunit
Old 06-28-2006, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
i sometimes regret that i even bothered with a system if i knew i had to go thru all this trouble.... i almost wished if i saved up a lil more and just waited and gotten the 18" BBS CH rims instead of the system... but what can u do. the system sounds siick when its workin but most of the time it doesnt work right after 15minutes of a driving or even right when i start the car on a hot sunny day.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
This is not a result of the bose Mic, it is actually due to the Speed Sense Control of the radio. To alleviate, you need to change the head unit. PM for more info.

Personally i think the only way for me the fix the problem is just to get a new headunit. I really want to get a double din tv but its loot and i dont want to just get some cheap BS headunit b/c i rather use my stock but this whole volume up and down is drivin me crazy.... but if it does the job i'll change the headunit
Old 07-23-2006, 10:34 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2016 E350 4Matic Wagon
As a temporary fix, could he disconnect the CANBUS connectors on the headunit? That might remove the speed sense ability, but also take out some other features (ignition sense?! maybe it's not such a good idea).

Go for the aftermarket radio. It may be an easy install if you keep the Bose amp and speakers; don't know about the sub though.