Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Installing COMAND in ML-430

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2002, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML-430
Question Installing COMAND in ML-430

Could someone pls help me with installing COMAND unit in ML-430, 08/25/99. I found here, its better to install not ML unit, but from E-class. Please, list which parts are needed for full installations (ie GPS antenna, TV-tuner etc), and connectors and cables as well. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 08-21-2002, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2004 SL55, 2015 A250d, 2016 GLC250d
Hi,

Dont use the E class unit. You need the mounting clips that are only present on the ML and CLK units. It is far better to start with a ML unit.

A ML unit starts with part num. A163 820, the CLK with A208 820 ....

You also need a relatively new unit (or have a s/w upgrade done, with the latest software by your dealer) so the unit understands how to behave in a ML when it its coded by the dealer.

All you need is the aerial for the roof, an adapter cable (standard Mercedes part) and the COMAND unit - you should buy the rear-support bracket for the COMAND aswell.

- Plug it all in and have the dealer code the unit for the correct vehicle type and for whatever accessories you have attached (CD, phone, Bose etc).

PM me your email address, and I'll send you my incomplete document that tells you all the parts etc

Richard