Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Anyone have Verizon Motorola E815 in MHI cradle?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harley-Davidson
Anyone have Verizon Motorola E815 in MHI cradle?

I was told by AutoWireless Solutions that my Verizon E815 won't work in the cradle because my phone software is too new! I don't want to waste $220 on a cradle if this is true. I also don't want to reflash my phone to the old software and void its warranty. Does anyone out there have a Verizon E815 that they did not purchase from AWS? I am hoping to use the cradle (external antenna and phone charging) rather than going with BlueTooth, which I know will work with my phone. Someone out there must have the answer.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:57 AM

E815

Not sure I undertand you question but I have an e815 that I did not but from AWS. I use it with the bluetooth adapter that fits in my existing v60 cradle. The e815 will not fit in that cradle but when I don't want to operate in the bluetooth mode, if I remove the wire/plug from the back of the cradle (that comes with a standard motorola phone kit for the v60) and plug it directly into the e815, it works fine.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:10 AM

Harley-Davidson
Originally Posted by DHMB
Not sure I undertand you question but I have an e815 that I did not buy from AWS. I use it with the bluetooth adapter that fits in my existing v60 cradle. The e815 will not fit in that cradle but when I don't want to operate in the bluetooth mode, if I remove the wire/plug from the back of the cradle (that comes with a standard motorola phone kit for the v60) and plug it directly into the e815, it works fine.
I am looking for someone who does NOT use BlueTooth and instead has purchased the specific cradle for docking a Verizon CDMA Motorola E815 that was not purchased from AWS.

The question is: "Will the E815 that I bought directly from Verizon function properly in the AWS cradle specifically designed for that phone model, even though my phone does not have the firmware (software) version that AWS approves?" I am hoping to hear from a forum member who has this exact setup.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:49 AM

You need cradle part number B67875844 from the dealer or AWS. Your E815 will work. Just make sure you don't get the version of this cradle that starts with "BQ". The E815 will fit in the BQ cradle but this cradle will only work with the MB version of the V710.

I haven't yet seen any issues with the above cradle and any version of the E815.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:16 PM

Harley-Davidson
Thank you Magic0309D. I will have the dealer order that part number so the cradle will be here when the car arrives.