Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Tape Stuck in Deck

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C240
Tape Stuck in Deck

Out of nowhere our cassette tape deck decided to hold my tape hostage and won't release it. We've been using one of those cassette tape adapters attached to the CD player for years. So now the deck doesn't recognize the tape being in, it won't eject when the button is pushed, and the deck reads "NO TAPE", even when there's one stuck inside! We've pryed open the lid but still can't pull the tape out, and all the thing does is beep at us.

I need suggestions on how to get the tape out without breaking the deck. Turning the car and radio on/off doesn't work. I'm trying to avoid having to take it to the dealership.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 S600. 2005 Carrera GT. 2007 Range Rover SC. 2008 BMW X5. 1967 SS Chevelle.
Originally Posted by radiocrow
We've been using one of those cassette tape adapters attached to the CD player for years. .. I'm trying to avoid having to take it to the dealership.
Is this an aftermarket cassette tape adapter? It sounds like it is based on your description and I dont think the dealer will help with that. I would say if you can't pry the tape out then throw the entire cassette tape adapter in the garbage and start enjoying CD's!