Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

COMAND CD - Track rewind

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 07:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E500
Question COMAND CD - Track rewind

Can anyone tell me if there is an easy one button way to rewind a CD track to the beginning of a song, or to skim a few seconds back in a song? On a typical CD player the appropriate buttons for these tasks would be |<< and << respectively.

It doesn't seem as if there is any way to rewind or fast forward a track, only the ability to go to the previous track or to the next track (the up and down buttons - while the left and right buttons seem to serve no function).

The specifics of my COMAND are: E500, 2006 (US COMAND)...though I'm not sure if that makes a difference in regards to these functions.

Last edited by gvaughn; 10-18-2006 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:35 PM

2014 C300, sport, black/black
What happens when you press and hold either the track up or down buttons for longer than 2 seconds? That does it on mine.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:37 PM

2006 E500
Originally Posted by shorthair
What happens when you press and hold either the track up or down buttons for longer than 2 seconds? That does it on mine.
If I hold either the up or down buttons, it scrolls through the track listings immediately, so holding for 2 seconds doesn't do anything except move multiple tracks up or down.

I figured it out though. The seek- and seek+ buttons accomplish what I was looking for. Holding them for 1+ seconds will scan the track in either direction and clicking them will move to the next track (seek+) or to the previous track (seek-), if less than 10 seconds have elapsed in the song, or the beginning of the track if more than 10 seconds have elapsed in the song.

BTW...from my original post, the left and right arrows don't do anything for the single CD...but for the CDC (CD Changer) they move to the previous and next disc respectively, while the up and down keys move the next and previous tracks. I have also found that the mute button actually pauses the CD instead of just muting the sound.

Last edited by gvaughn; 10-19-2006 at 12:45 PM.