Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Cingular's Blue Tooth Adapter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2001 E320 RWD - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 100,000+
Question Cingular's Blue Tooth Adapter

Hello Friends,

I just stopped by a Cingular store to ask about upgrading my older LG phone to a Motorola Razer BT one.

I mentioned why I wanted to do this (soon buying an MB puck and need a BT compatible phone). The girl said that they have a adapter for $79 that will do the same thing. It's about the size of a woman's compact, and was designed to clip on the sun visor. She also claimed to have just done a conversion on a "new" Mercedes, and everything worked as it should. I asked her "Do you mean newer than my 2001?" but she could not answer).

It seems senseless to buy a $349 puck from MB if this unit will do the same thing, but I am skeptical that it will. Can anyone here please elaborate on this?

Thanks in advance,
Musikmann
Old 10-22-2006, 07:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would buy the mb one i install them all the time make sure when u buy your car to make sure it setup for a phone and what dealer are u going to
Old 10-22-2006, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thumbs up To: linkmustang

Originally Posted by linkmustang
i would buy the mb one i install them all the time make sure when u buy your car to make sure it setup for a phone and what dealer are u going to
Hello Link, and thanks for the reply.

My preferred dealer is Smith Motor Cars in Charleston, and I trust the service writers, and technicians, with whom I have had contact.

I have already bought the car in which I want to get the phone working. Phone options are: Hands-Free Communication, Motorola V60i cradle mounted in the center console, non-working and obsolete V60i handset.

Please let me know if you are interested in doing the work, "on the side", or otherwise. A Private Message is probably preferable to the MBWorld administrators.

Regards,
Musikmann
Old 10-23-2006, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Clip-On Bluetooth adaptor is not integrated into the car's hands-free system so you might as well just continue to use an earbud for your calls.

If you already have a V60 phone system installed, only the puck really makes sense so you can take advantage of the expensive system already built into your car. You can get it from your dealer or online at www.wireles4mb.com. The puck simply docks in your car's V60 cradle, no tools needed. If you choose certain compatible retail phones you will even get phonebook download into your radio head unit. Check out the supported features list on www.wireless4mb.com before choosing a Bluetooth handset to make sure you can take advantage of all of the features that the Puck supports.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thumbs up Thanks Magic0309D

Originally Posted by MagicO309D
The Clip-On Bluetooth adaptor is not integrated into the car's hands-free system so you might as well just continue to use an earbud for your calls.

If you already have a V60 phone system installed, only the puck really makes sense so you can take advantage of the expensive system already built into your car. You can get it from your dealer or online at www.wireles4mb.com. The puck simply docks in your car's V60 cradle, no tools needed. If you choose certain compatible retail phones you will even get phonebook download into your radio head unit. Check out the supported features list on www.wireless4mb.com before choosing a Bluetooth handset to make sure you can take advantage of all of the features that the Puck supports.
Haha - what earbud? I hate the looks of those things, but those are one of the things she tried to sell me. I'll both check out the above website and run it past the dealership. It ticks me off that the girl did not know as much as she pretended to, but I'll admit that I did not mention the hands-free option I have installed.

I appreciate your information very much,
Musikmann

Last edited by Musikmann; 10-25-2006 at 04:25 PM. Reason: adding to message
Old 10-26-2006, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lightbulb www.wireless4mb.com

I forgot to mention that I spoke to a nice girl at wireless4mb a couple of months ago. She said that I had to buy the puck from my dealer, but that she would be happy to help me with a BT phone, or could offer other support. I guess that situation has changed recently, and they also can sell us the adapter/converter. Plus, they want "only" $325 whereas my dealer quoted me $349.

Another curiosity, is that thier compatability chart does not list my 2001 model year. The last time I checked, neither does the MB literature (both say 2002 is the oldest), but my salesman put a puck in my cradle, and using his BT phone, proved that it will indeed work.

Last edited by Musikmann; 10-26-2006 at 07:30 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 10-27-2006, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Contact Steve or wanda @ www.mbenznl.com for prices on the Bluetooth puc..also several other phone options..VA etc
Old 10-30-2006, 05:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts