Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

mobile phone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
07 E63 06 CLK55 Cab 03 P-car C4S
mobile phone

hi all,

one other follow-up.

when i purchased my pre-owned 201 E55, there was no phone in the console although all the attachments were there.

i know they were old factory motorola's, and i currently use a newer motorola on T-mobile's plan. i'm wondering about the pro's and con's of getting that phone vs. just keeping mine, or is there a way to integrate new phones to these older car set-ups?
Old 11-25-2006, 08:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2023 AMG EQE 53 4MATIC+, Tesla Model Y
Originally Posted by bzliteyear
hi all,

one other follow-up.

when i purchased my pre-owned 201 E55, there was no phone in the console although all the attachments were there.

i know they were old factory motorola's, and i currently use a newer motorola on T-mobile's plan. i'm wondering about the pro's and con's of getting that phone vs. just keeping mine, or is there a way to integrate new phones to these older car set-ups?
If your car has the MB hands free, you can get this Bluetooth kit and use most any modern phone: http://www.wireless4mb.com/
Old 11-25-2006, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2001 E320 RWD - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 100,000+
Yeah, I have a 2001 E320 with hands-free option, and am doing this right now. If you have a cradle installed that fits the Motorola V60i (possibly other V60) cell phone, just get the "puck" aka MB Adaptor with Bluetooth, and you will be in business. Part # B 6 7 87 5856.

There's a little more to this story (phonebook download issues), so please ask again if this does not solve your problem.