Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

G-class Head unit upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 02:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Obsidian Black C43, Silver C43, Silver Carlsson E-class wagon, Brabus G-class
G-class Head unit upgrade

I just had Pioneer AVIC Z1 navigation/DVD player unit, with bluetooth, ipod, rear view camera, and Sirius radio interaces installed on my G5-Brabus. I lost some of the stock functionalities like steering wheel controls and now the stock CD changer doesn't work, but I can download my CDs to the unit since it comes with a 30GB harddrive.

I also cannot change the clock on the instrument cluster because it used to automatically updated by the stock navigation. I think the miles to empty feature also does not function since I'm sure it was connected via stock speed sensor, etc.

I guess it was hard to let go the stock functionalities for more features. I'm still not sure if it was worth the $4,000, but I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually. The touchscreen feauture is pretty cool.

Does anyone here know how to adjust the clock on the instrument cluster once you've removed the stock navigation? I guess I could wait unitl midnight or noon to pull the wire on the battery and it should start from 12:00. Any other ideas?
Old 01-30-2007, 05:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
you'll have to go to the dealer and have the cluster programmed so it says NAV= NOT INSTALLED. This will enable you to manually adjust the clock.