Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Nokia 3110 Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 03:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nokia 3110 Issues

Hey fellas,

I've got a beautiful '01 E55 AMG and it came with a rather old 3110 Nokia mobile phone. I bought myself another mobile number specifically for the car and I'm experiencing some problems with the setup in the car.

Whenever I make a call, the connection will happen and straight after I'll get a low battery warning from the phone and the phone will switch off even if the phone is plugged into the car in the armrest. Sometimes, however, the phone will work and you can actually make a call.

The battery itself doesn't seem to hold a charge, I tried removing the battery completely hooking up into the car, but the phone won't switch on, which I guess indicates that you need a proper battery hooked into phone at all times.

Hunting down batteries for a 3110 is a pain in the butt, to be honest. Is there a fix for my current problem or should I get M-Benz to update the phone system in the car?

Thanks.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 299 Likes on 250 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Hi, it is quite possible that your problems are caused by the bad battery. I had a search for 3110 batteries and find several shops still selling those. With a bit of skills you could also take battery cells from another battery and replace the old ones but you would need to be sure about the correct type.
http://www.batteriesplus.co.uk/acata...110__3810.html

If it was only the battery on the phone and you are happy with the two SIM setup, I would by a new battery. You should be able to upgrade to UHI on D2B and get a modern setup but it would be quite costly.

Perhaps you should check the car wiring to be sure that all connectors are OK.