Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Parrot install for MB C230 MY 2003 w/Bose system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C230
Parrot install for MB C230 MY 2003 w/Bose system

Hello All,
I have been talking with a Parrot dealer who imports the wiring harnesses which will allow the install of a Parrot BT system AND maintain the steering wheel controls for making and receiving calls. The unit will even support the newer stereo BT profile which would allow EVERYTHING to come from my phone.

These harnesses are all functional with several MB models EXCEPT the C230 cars with the Bose/fiber optic audio system. I can install the Parrot, but CANNOT use the steering wheel controls, apparently a problem in locating what is called the mute line.

Any experience out there with this topic?? I really do not want to replace the stock HU or have to purchase the $2500 MB option to maintain the steering wheel phone controls. Is there another HU out there which retains the steering wheel controls and adds BT?? I have to believe there is a way.

Thanks in advance for any help.

email: laptop@glennquader.com

-Glenn Q.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:27 PM

2006 C230SS & 2009 E350
I'm still looking. Have the similar problem as well, I have 06 C230 SS with Navi.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:57 AM

C230 W204 with C63 Kit Package
What is PARROT? is this same system as Argos? Is there a website I can find more info? thanks!
Old 03-07-2007, 12:19 PM

2006 C230SS & 2009 E350
here you go:
http://www.parrot.com/usa/
Old 04-06-2007, 05:22 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ML350, Lotus Elise
Originally Posted by glennq
Hello All,
I have been talking with a Parrot dealer who imports the wiring harnesses which will allow the install of a Parrot BT system AND maintain the steering wheel controls for making and receiving calls. The unit will even support the newer stereo BT profile which would allow EVERYTHING to come from my phone.

These harnesses are all functional with several MB models EXCEPT the C230 cars with the Bose/fiber optic audio system. I can install the Parrot, but CANNOT use the steering wheel controls, apparently a problem in locating what is called the mute line.

Any experience out there with this topic?? I really do not want to replace the stock HU or have to purchase the $2500 MB option to maintain the steering wheel phone controls. Is there another HU out there which retains the steering wheel controls and adds BT?? I have to believe there is a way.

Thanks in advance for any help.

email: laptop@glennquader.com

-Glenn Q.

mute can be added on the c230. there is a mute on the amp but no wire is present. therfore an actual wire must be run to the amp and the pin added. of course this does not work with the parrot philosophy of plugging in a t-harness behind the HU and being done so they dont support this configuration (which actually happens to be the most common one)