Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Cingluar 8125 or 8525

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 S500 4Matic
Cingluar 8125 or 8525

Hoping someone has already gone through the testing for one of these devices and the MB BT V60. Does it work with these devices? If so, what worked and what didn't work?
Phone Book?
Steering Wheel Controls?
Voice Activation?

Loking for some help.

Tks
Old 03-10-2007, 10:35 PM

2002 S500
I have 2002 S500 mwith the V60 bluetooth puck. I had a Razr and with my job I needed a phone like the cingular 8525. I called AWS to check to see if it would work and nobody could tell me for certain if it would, so I just bought the phone anyways. It work just the same as the razr does. All steering wheel controls work, it downloads the phonebook, and the keypad dials from the dashboard. My benz has voice control on it and that also works.

I have noticed that when the phone goes into the sleep mode it will disconnect from the bluetooth sometimes. I am not sure this happens all of the time since I have only had the phone for a couple of days now. I am still playing with it. I have noticed that when I keep the phone plugged into the car charger I have no problems with connectivity at all. The phone is a power hog anyways and I have found that I need to charge it in the car somtimes anyways.

If you need this phone for business I would get it because it does work great with the AWS v60 puck.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:37 PM

2004 S500 4Matic
So did you buy the 8525? You said, one like it, so I want to be cetain. I have a Moto Q right now, which is 100% compatiable with the system. Actually a buddy of mine had it in his drawer, moved to a 8525 becuase the Q in his opinion was a "POS". Please let me know if the 8525 is the exact pda you own. Tks for the feedback
Old 03-17-2007, 07:44 PM

2002 S500
I did get the 8525 about a week ago. It works the same as the razr did and the same functions work. The only problem I had was that it does disconnect from the bluetooth occasionally. This phone does an automatic powerdown after 5 minutes. So I found that sometimes; but not all the time, it will disconnect from the puck. I do not know wht it does this. If you keep it plugged into the car charger it stays connected. I have also noticed that the bluetooth command on the phone turn off and maybe this id=s the reason. It could be a software glitch I don't know. It is kind of annoying at times, but I can live with it since this phone does so much more. It is truely an awesome phone and has made staying connected much easier. I had a blackberry before and it does not even compare to 8525. I would not hesitate making the switch.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:24 PM

2004 S500 4Matic
Tks. I just ordered my 8525 based on your feedback. This Q is not good, short battery life, like 12 hours, tough controls, small processor, not good. I played around with the 8125, and loved it, so I'm going to make the switch to the 8525. The key for me is the address book/telephone numbers. They worked for you, they should work for me with the v60 puck. Thank you for taking the time to respond, I really appreciate it.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:08 AM

2004 S500 4Matic
I'm disconnecting constantly. Wonder what the issue could be. Dials fine, call starts fine, but then 5-10 seconds in, I get disconnected. Maybe it didn't pair correctly. Not as concerned about the features at this point, but the bluetooth not working is killing me.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Not a technical guy, so even the simpliest explanations would be most helpful
Old 03-26-2007, 02:52 PM

2003 SL500
I had similar problems (bluetooth disconnecting) with my Nokia E-70. The phone would connect, then about a minute or so later, the connection would drop (display in car says "Phone OFF").

I found that powering off and then powering on the phone fixed the issue, where disconnecting/reconnecting, re-pairing, or switching the car off/on did not). A different phone, so no indication that it is a related issue, but worth trying.

I usually found this happened if I received an incoming call while the car was switched off but the phone was still connected. Other BT systems appear to disconnect when the car is powered down, but the MB system stays connected as long as you are within range, and my family room is adjacent to the garage, so apparently in range.

Powercycling the phone resets it, at least for mine.