Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

CLK 55 Headunit upgrade....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 55 Headunit upgrade....

Hello there people,

i have a 2001 CLK 55 with a normal/stock head unit with NO navigation or anything i am looking for a after market head unit that would fit nicely into the same spot there and there is i guess extra space under my stock unit bcz i didn't get the option for navigation.... but i am looking for a nice head unit now

here is what I'm looking for

No Pop up head unit (the ones that slide out and up).....
My reason for this is because the CLK has its air switches right above it so i don't want to put the screen down every time to mess with the air

I'm looking for a screen built in navigation could anyone here give me some good suggestions?

Also this is a big thing for me.... I'm looking for something that i can use my steering wheel controls also is there a adapter some were so i can make the controls work with the unit ?
THANKS

Last edited by benjamin1137; 03-17-2007 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:20 PM

Can any one help me out here ?

whats do u guys think of the Avic Z1 ?
Old 03-23-2007, 12:34 AM

clk 320
Originally Posted by benjamin1137
Can any one help me out here ?

whats do u guys think of the Avic Z1 ?
Im looking to upgrade the non navigation unit on my CLK320 as well. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tesla Roadster Sport
Originally Posted by benjamin1137
Hello there people,

i have a 2001 CLK 55 with a normal/stock head unit with NO navigation or anything i am looking for a after market head unit that would fit nicely into the same spot there and there is i guess extra space under my stock unit bcz i didn't get the option for navigation.... but i am looking for a nice head unit now

here is what I'm looking for

No Pop up head unit (the ones that slide out and up).....
My reason for this is because the CLK has its air switches right above it so i don't want to put the screen down every time to mess with the air

I'm looking for a screen built in navigation could anyone here give me some good suggestions?

Also this is a big thing for me.... I'm looking for something that i can use my steering wheel controls also is there a adapter some were so i can make the controls work with the unit ?
THANKS

JVC makes a single din unit that has a color screen built in with no pop out. It will fit in that slot, You could try finding a HK Trafficpro, your other optoin would be to replace the wood you have with a double din piece
Old 03-24-2007, 05:34 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 E400 COUPE SOLD -> Porsche Taycan 4S
alpine w200 and NVE-N872A navigation unit. w200 is a double din unit and will use both slots and w200 also has built in ipod interface. i currently have alpine d300 and will be upgrading to this combo.