Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

2007 Clk 63 Cabrio - Phone ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Clk 63 Cabrio - Phone ?

Hi All,
I see that phone installs can be an indepth question...yet

Confirmed...my car is wired for a phone. The dealer says $2200 to set it up.

My question is...can I do it myself?

I have a Motorola Razor which is compatible (THEY say).

So I GUESS I need:
1) Blue Tooth Adabtor $408.
2) Razor Caradle $250.
3) Console install kit $179.

Is it true, I need another componet for the trunk?

Are part numbers availble from my co-members?
Anyone been there done that?

Can E-Bay or the like assist with parts discounts.

Can someone advise?
Old 03-29-2007, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 173 Likes on 124 Posts
2018 GLC300 4Matic; 2005 C55; 2003 360 Modena
The installation is pretty straight forward for C / CLK models. I did the install myself with no trouble. It is more involved that what you have listed, however.

The bluetooth adapter and RAZR cradle are one in the same. The benefit of docking the phone is the utilization of the integrated rear bumper antenna and charging of the phone. The console kit is merely the connection in the armrest that receives the BT/Cradle module.

You will need the compensator, PSE... etc. that mounts in the trunk. There are also very thorough instructions available from MB. Then you'll need a DAS to program the fiber optic ring to 'tell' the car that the equipment is present.

I strongly suggest you visit www.mbenznl.com and contact Steve. Terrific people and source for your MB mods, they have helped me tremendously with my mods.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Steve @www.mbenznl.com has done Several Phone kits on my MBs...

On Our W211 The Razr and the Blackjack both work great!

Also Go with the Voice control kit...aka hands free
Old 03-31-2007, 05:20 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ML350, Lotus Elise
Originally Posted by kjb55
The installation is pretty straight forward for C / CLK models. I did the install myself with no trouble. It is more involved that what you have listed, however.

The bluetooth adapter and RAZR cradle are one in the same. The benefit of docking the phone is the utilization of the integrated rear bumper antenna and charging of the phone. The console kit is merely the connection in the armrest that receives the BT/Cradle module.

You will need the compensator, PSE... etc. that mounts in the trunk. There are also very thorough instructions available from MB. Then you'll need a DAS to program the fiber optic ring to 'tell' the car that the equipment is present.

I strongly suggest you visit www.mbenznl.com and contact Steve. Terrific people and source for your MB mods, they have helped me tremendously with my mods.
actually you do not have to take the vehicle in for SDS programming. all newer MOST vehicles will automatically recognize a new module on the most ring. you basically hook it up and it starts working.

it is however a bit complicated and can be intimidating to someone who is not used to electronics. in particular there are a few instances on C/CLK where if you have a particular telaid configuration where you actually need to look at the telaid plug and make sure that a particular pin location is wired and if not add the wire. theres also some plugs you need to find and switch around. you will definately need to get the instructions.