Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Installer in Los Angeles that can put in "Car-PC" and speakers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installer in Los Angeles that can put in "Car-PC" and speakers?

Hi guys, nice to be here. I am thinking of putting in one of those "Carputers" into my '01 E-430. It's a *full blown PC from Xenarc.com and fits into any single DIN sized slot. You can connect it to any LCD screen that has a VGA or DVI input.

Have any of you done this before? Xenarc claims it would be a problem as long as the mini-PC fits into the Mercedes dash. I'm thinking of replacing the speakers for JL-Audio as well, but I'm not sure yet depending on the price. But I'm guessing it would be easier to wire the "carputer" to *new* aftermarket speakers instead of the factory ones since I've read the stock bose speakers are not easy to wire to.

I would like to know if any of you know of a good installer in the Los Angeles/Orange County/Ventura County area that has experience with installing after-market accessories into Mercedes cars? What kinda price range do you suspect I'd be looking at?

Thanks in advance