Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Need harness that plugs into the factory HU

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W203 C230SS
Need harness that plugs into the factory HU

I am trying to run high level/speaker level to my Rockford 3sixty. I really don't want to cut/splice on the factory harness. Anyone know of anywhere to get the harness that plugs into the back of the factory HU with pigtails? That way if I ever have to go back to stock- all I have to do if fish the harness out of the dash and plug it back into Radio- then just take the 3sixty out with the aftermarket harness out. I called Metra- they don't have anything. However- they guy I talked to didn't seem very sharp. It's my understanding Audi, Mini, VW, and BMW share harness- but I'm not sure of the years and such.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:23 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year & model?
Old 06-18-2007, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 C230SS
I assume you are familiar with the MB harness'? If so- the only part of the harness I am looking for is the part that has the speaker wires.

Anyway- it's a 2006 C230
Old 06-19-2007, 03:34 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ML350, Lotus Elise
Originally Posted by bumpnzx3
I assume you are familiar with the MB harness'? If so- the only part of the harness I am looking for is the part that has the speaker wires.

Anyway- it's a 2006 C230
if you do not have the outboard amplifier then here are the part numbers for the connector (see attached pic). you can double check by pulling out the HU and making sure that outside connector has the 8 thick wires present... otherwise you need the amplifier main connector and lots of wires. now for the problem... the parts are very difficult to find and usually in large quantities. metra doesnt have anything like them. you can try to call tyco direct and see if anyone local has them in stock to sell you but i doubt it.

if you really need the harness im pretty sure i have one lying around in our lab parts dept. pm me and i can see if its available for sale.
Attached Thumbnails Need harness that plugs into the factory HU-mercedes-hu-connector.jpg  
Old 06-19-2007, 07:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 C230SS
i certainly do need it. i will contact tyco to see if they have anything. also- are those mercedes part numbers or tyco?

after i get the connector- i guess i can head to radio shack or some other electronics parts store to get the actual solder/crimp connecters that go into the harness- then just run my own speaker wire to the 3sixty.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:45 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ML350, Lotus Elise
i certainly do need it. i will contact tyco to see if they have anything. also- are those mercedes part numbers or tyco?

after i get the connector- i guess i can head to radio shack or some other electronics parts store to get the actual solder/crimp connecters that go into the harness- then just run my own speaker wire to the 3sixty.
you need to get the metal connectors seperately from tyco as well as they are specially designed to fit and lock in the connector. the connectors are crimp end so you can crimp right to your speaker wires going to the 360.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EFF YOU JACKIE
I am trying to run high level/speaker level to my Rockford 3sixty. I really don't want to cut/splice on the factory harness. Anyone know of anywhere to get the harness that plugs into the back of the factory HU with pigtails? That way if I ever have to go back to stock- all I have to do if fish the harness out of the dash and plug it back into Radio- then just take the 3sixty out with the aftermarket harness out. I called Metra- they don't have anything. However- they guy I talked to didn't seem very sharp. It's my understanding Audi, Mini, VW, and BMW share harness- but I'm not sure of the years and such.
Slice and dice, wire for wire, cheaper and easy.