Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Help with Sirius antenna Modulator in w203

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C320 Wagon
Help with Sirius antenna Modulator in w203

Can one of you auto sound gurus please help me with a simple matter?

I plan to install the Sirius FMDA25 Wired FM Modulation Relay in my 2002 C320 (w203) with the factory head unit (cassette player) - so I can use either Sat radio or Ipod. I was told that I would need to buy two (2) antenna adapters - one from MB male to Motorola female (VW 10), and one from Motorola male to MB female (VW 20).

1. The person I spoke to recommended using VW antenna adapters. Is this information correct? If not, what do you recommend?

2. Who is the best supplier for these parts?

3. If you have a better low cost idea for what I am attempting, please share it.

Thanks for your time and assistance,

Alan
Old 07-05-2007, 03:26 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ML350, Lotus Elise
Originally Posted by Alan B
Can one of you auto sound gurus please help me with a simple matter?

I plan to install the Sirius FMDA25 Wired FM Modulation Relay in my 2002 C320 (w203) with the factory head unit (cassette player) - so I can use either Sat radio or Ipod. I was told that I would need to buy two (2) antenna adapters - one from MB male to Motorola female (VW 10), and one from Motorola male to MB female (VW 20).

1. The person I spoke to recommended using VW antenna adapters. Is this information correct? If not, what do you recommend?

2. Who is the best supplier for these parts?

3. If you have a better low cost idea for what I am attempting, please share it.

Thanks for your time and assistance,

Alan
1. yes the VW parts are correct... the VW adapter is standard for most german autos including mercedes.

2. metra... go to your local best buy(or other audio shop) install bay and ask... they should stock them. about $30-$40 for both

3. the adapters are the best way to go.. if you want cheaper you can always cut the existing antenna wire 2 inches from the end. then cut the ends off the modulator cords and solder the leads together. the soldered connections are just as good but you have to be good at soldering... otherwise dont attempt it.