Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Comand 2.0 trouble!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 01:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 E55
Comand 2.0 trouble!

Won't the nav still work on a Comand 2.0 even if the VSS isn't hooked up? I had removed my comand from my W208 CLK previously and then when I reinstalled it months later, the car on the screen won't move at all. I get sat reception but no movement. I'm guessing it might be the VSS wire.

Any ideas, suggestions or tips on how to diagnosis?

TIA!
Old 07-07-2007, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2004 SL55, 2015 A250d, 2016 GLC250d
Originally Posted by Daveskee
Won't the nav still work on a Comand 2.0 even if the VSS isn't hooked up? I had removed my comand from my W208 CLK previously and then when I reinstalled it months later, the car on the screen won't move at all. I get sat reception but no movement. I'm guessing it might be the VSS wire.

Any ideas, suggestions or tips on how to diagnosis?

TIA!
Go to www.mercupgrades.com theres a document there about hidden diagnostic mode, in that mode is a screen that tells you want the COMAND is seeing (in terms of speed, reverse signal etc)

Did you plug in the C2 connector properly ?

R
Old 07-07-2007, 11:55 AM

Hi There,
I have a feeling you havent connected the speed pulse cable.

Do you have a wire connected to Pin 1 of the A plug.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:00 AM

'05 E55
I do have a VSS wire into the C2 plug #6 position (Green wire w/ violet stripe).

I initially used the diagnostic screen and had numerous faults. So I cleared all of them and then tried Nav again. So far I haven't had one fault show up yet. I've activated the Nav, driven around the neighborhood and nothing. The C2 plug is configured properly as it was working prior to me removing the comand. It is also plugged in properly because the canbus works. Otherwise I wouldn't see anything on my dash display, which I do.

I guess I'll have to wait and see if a fault shows up unless anyone has any other suggestions.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:56 AM

Just a thought,
Have you re-calibrated the comand since installing into the car.
If memory serves right you have to calibrate it again.

I'll see if I can find out how to calibrate it.

Alex.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:32 AM

'05 E55
Yup recalibrated by including tire size if thats what you mean.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:33 PM

'05 E55
Well, I re-tapped the VSS wire and now I get movement but its way behind my acutal car position. Anywhere from half a block to 1/2 mile. The tracking is very jerky or delayed, as if it updates only every 10 seconds or so.

Any ideas?
Old 07-09-2007, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 317 Likes on 234 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by Daveskee
Well, I re-tapped the VSS wire and now I get movement but its way behind my acutal car position. Anywhere from half a block to 1/2 mile. The tracking is very jerky or delayed, as if it updates only every 10 seconds or so.

Any ideas?
What do you mean "re-tapped"? If you mean retaped, that may be your problem. The VSS signal is very sensitive to noise and you need a quality connection, which precludes twisted-and-taped connections. You may also have to route the VSS line to avoid picking up electrical noise.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:02 PM

'05 E55
No I acutally have a wire connector which splices the VSS wire and connects it to another wire that is routed to the C2 plug. I used this same set up before and it worked no problem.

If the nav needs a speed pulse to move the car cursor on the screen, then I'm assuming I have a speed signal although I did get error code B1734 (no speed pulse) but only twice.

I also have N1112 (No data transfer between D2B master and D2B predecessor component possible-No idea what this means)

B1736 (Some type of CD fault)

I don't know what else to do.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:04 AM

i have a 98 e430 and i am attempting to retrofit a fiber optic cd changer with the comand. i have power to the comand. i can insert and eject the magazine but the cd changer will not play. i looked on the diagnostic menu and fault number n112 is listed. it has numerous faults and is active. the n112 fault code is " no data transfer between d2b predecessor component possible." please help. thanks