Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Can I replace AUDIO20 monitor with this one?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I replace AUDIO20 monitor with this one?

I am going to have my new C-Class W204 in a few days.
A am wondering if it's possible to replace my 4.5" monitor with one like this in the link or any other?

Please help

http://www.revo-sys.com/bonz__k301_vga_7_inch_lcd.php

Video
http://www.revo-sys.com/DD/Denaro_fi...LCD01-DEMO.wmv

Last edited by nicos13; 07-25-2007 at 03:06 PM. Reason: add address
Old 07-25-2007, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by nicos13
I am going to have my new C-Class W204 in a few days.
A am wondering if it's possible to replace my 4.5" monitor with one like this in the link or any other?

Please help

http://www.revo-sys.com/bonz__k301_vga_7_inch_lcd.php

Video
http://www.revo-sys.com/DD/Denaro_fi...LCD01-DEMO.wmv
Probably you could with some adapter frames. But what would you do with an LCD screen when getting rid of the OEM radio? The video gives the impression that you would get a full windows car computer but that does not seem to be the case.

Why not an OEM Comand retrofit?
Old 07-26-2007, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
Probably you could with some adapter frames. But what would you do with an LCD screen when getting rid of the OEM radio? The video gives the impression that you would get a full windows car computer but that does not seem to be the case.

We are talking anout the new C-class w204 and to replace ONLY the SCREEN of the Audio 20.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

We are talking anout the new C-class w204 and to replace ONLY the SCREEN of the Audio 20.
OK, I know what a W204 is but it would not make it any different really. I didn't read that "replacing the 4.5" monitor" would mean maintaining the rest of the Audio 20 unit but taking the display out and putting this one in, anyway that simplifies things, the answer would definitely be "no". Audio 20 is a single integrated unit, not with a separate, independent display.

Of course a tech guru could build an interface box but I would assume it would not be sufficient just to see what the Audio 20 shows on this new display and then you would need to connect other sources too, and switch in between. If this would not cost half the car price, it would at least cost a few times the retrofit Comand price.

Good luck.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:33 AM

OK, I know what a W204 is but it would not make it any different really. I didn't read that "replacing the 4.5" monitor" would mean maintaining the rest of the Audio 20 unit but taking the display out and putting this one in, anyway that simplifies things, the answer would definitely be "no". Audio 20 is a single integrated unit, not with a separate, independent display.

Of course a tech guru could build an interface box but I would assume it would not be sufficient just to see what the Audio 20 shows on this new display and then you would need to connect other sources too, and switch in between. If this would not cost half the car price, it would at least cost a few times the retrofit Comand price.

Good luck.

I thought that the audio 20 monitor is independent because it's not in the same place with the units buttons like the W203 comand.

Please check this what is written in the link of the monitor manufacturer official website and the attached pictures

http://www.fischer-automotive-system...DID=55&PID=139
Attached Thumbnails Can I replace AUDIO20 monitor with this one?-mb-c-klasse-1.jpg   Can I replace AUDIO20 monitor with this one?-mb-c-klasse-3.jpg   Can I replace AUDIO20 monitor with this one?-mb-c-klasse-4.jpg  

Last edited by nicos13; 07-26-2007 at 03:35 AM. Reason: correction
Old 07-26-2007, 04:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I thought that the audio 20 monitor is independent because it's not in the same place with the units buttons like the W203 comand.

Please check this what is written in the link of the monitor manufacturer official website and the attached pictures
You are right actually. I thought I had checked the W204 construction but it is true that the head-unit integrates the buttons and the display is separate, I thought it was the opposite.

The device you showed looks pretty much like the original, could it be the same unit as the OEM one?

The two units are connected by a video cable. Unfortunately the cables are different for Comand and Audio 20, I cannot see what the actual difference is.

It would still help if you explained what you are after with the monitor change. Do you just want to see bigger font on a bigger display or are you after some video/navi etc. capability too?
Old 07-26-2007, 04:59 AM

You are right actually. I thought I had checked the W204 construction but it is true that the head-unit integrates the buttons and the display is separate, I thought it was the opposite.

The device you showed looks pretty much like the original, could it be the same unit as the OEM one?

The two units are connected by a video cable. Unfortunately the cables are different for Comand and Audio 20, I cannot see what the actual difference is.

It would still help if you explained what you are after with the monitor change. Do you just want to see bigger font on a bigger display or are you after some video/navi etc. capability too?
The best choice for me will be to find a good all in one unit, with DVD, TV tuner, Navi and of course 7 inches monitor in 1 DIN size like the one i show you to replace the Audio 20 display.

But i need this screen to be shared from the two units the ALL-IN-ONE and the AUDIO 20.

Also this two units must share the speakers, too. In my car is code [810] - Harman/kardon LOGIC 7® surround sound system with Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS
Old 07-31-2007, 05:03 PM

'05 C230 Kompressor - Sport

Ever seen that in a Benz m8?
I have been thinking of doing it with my W203, but i wanted to see setups from other MB'ers first..