Waaah!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2024, 07:50 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
C43
Waaah!

Where's my car dude?

Lost in the system apparently. I put a deposit on a 2024 CLE53 on December 6, 2023. Car was configured on February 19, 2024; official order went in on April 19, 2024; car built on May 24, 2024; "official" pricing received on June 3, 2024; and to-date...NO CAR delivered and NO info on where the car is (Bremerhaven dock?) or why the delay! Is MB still blaming Covid for supply chain problems? Or is it "the sun was in my eyes", or "I tripped over a rock", or just **** poor customer service?

US and other dealers and some customers have had 2024 CLE 53's delivered, so why am I waiting over 6 weeks for delivery and counting?

Yes, this is a rant but I'd really like to know why the delay. My sales rep has been doing his due diligence, calling the VPC every day but getting nowhere, so I'm going to call Stuttgart tomorrow to vent my frustration.

Anyone with advice would be appreciated...but please don't tell me to grin and bear it.
Old 07-10-2024, 09:17 PM

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts
2008 C300, 2015 CLA 45 AMG, 2018 SLC 300, 2019 C43 AMG coupe
Im sorry youre delaing with this but i totally KNOW what you are feeling....

I put my deposit down in Sept 2022 ( yes 2022). Finally was able to put in an Order in Oct 2023, Car was built March 20 2024 and also am still waiting with no idea where the car is. Dealer tells me its on route to Bremhaven, but when asking others, they can not give me a Ship name or more info. Also there are no ships that left the dock to Bremhaven on the route dealer tells me... So yeah. I feel you!

I thought that in the US, you guys are able to see the SHip the Vehicle is on once it has left the dock? Are they not able to see this on the system for you?

Unfortunately, I dont think there is much you can do but voice your dissatisfaction to your dealer and MBUSA. I am not sure it will amount to much, but worth a try. Heres hoping you hear back soon and get the car asap!
Old Yesterday, 07:18 AM

C43
Question Are we the only 2 people on this site in this situation?

Originally Posted by Mayur999
Im sorry youre delaing with this but i totally KNOW what you are feeling....

I put my deposit down in Sept 2022 ( yes 2022). Finally was able to put in an Order in Oct 2023, Car was built March 20 2024 and also am still waiting with no idea where the car is. Dealer tells me its on route to Bremhaven, but when asking others, they can not give me a Ship name or more info. Also there are no ships that left the dock to Bremhaven on the route dealer tells me... So yeah. I feel you!

I thought that in the US, you guys are able to see the SHip the Vehicle is on once it has left the dock? Are they not able to see this on the system for you?

Unfortunately, I dont think there is much you can do but voice your dissatisfaction to your dealer and MBUSA. I am not sure it will amount to much, but worth a try. Heres hoping you hear back soon and get the car asap!
Thanks for sharing. Your wait is even loner than mine but in this case, misery does not love company. The early bird apparently does not get the worm.

Our cars are apparently built and sitting...somewhere. My sales rep cannot seem to get any current info beyond, the car is built and inspected. Yes, in my past experience, ship name and some eta were available.

There are dozens of CLE53's currently available at local NY dealerships (including mine which has 3 cars) so why hold off on a guaranteed sale for the dealer and alienate your customers? What kind of marketing strategy is this? I will call MBUSA to find out.

My approach to selling cars, ESPECIALLY new models, would be to get the cars ordered by customers out first, get them out driving on the road for hundreds of people to see, and then supply the dealers. Cars at the dealer share space with 15 or so other models. Unless one knows exactly what one is looking for it can be a bit overwhelming. If the dealer has 1 or 2 or 3 shiny brand new models running around the streets, that might drive some interest and new buyer foot traffic. Just a thought...
Old Yesterday, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by MJP_43
Thanks for sharing. Your wait is even loner than mine but in this case, misery does not love company. The early bird apparently does not get the worm.

Our cars are apparently built and sitting...somewhere. My sales rep cannot seem to get any current info beyond, the car is built and inspected. Yes, in my past experience, ship name and some eta were available.

There are dozens of CLE53's currently available at local NY dealerships (including mine which has 3 cars) so why hold off on a guaranteed sale for the dealer and alienate your customers? What kind of marketing strategy is this? I will call MBUSA to find out.

My approach to selling cars, ESPECIALLY new models, would be to get the cars ordered by customers out first, get them out driving on the road for hundreds of people to see, and then supply the dealers. Cars at the dealer share space with 15 or so other models. Unless one knows exactly what one is looking for it can be a bit overwhelming. If the dealer has 1 or 2 or 3 shiny brand new models running around the streets, that might drive some interest and new buyer foot traffic. Just a thought...
I completely agree with you. I would hope they would prioritize custom orders first on the new models along with potentially dealer demo models for the first run.

Its very frustrating and there have been NUMEROUS time in the last year that I have been tempted to look elsewhere and at other options. I just saw today that the Canadian CLE 53 configurator is updated, which makes me think these cars will also arrive before mine.

Currently looking at the CLE 53 as an alternative as frustration builds.

Anyway. I think all you can do is keep busy and focus on other things. Nothing we can do will speed up the process so no point stressing too much more over it.
Old Yesterday, 06:04 PM

C43
My final RANT on MB delivery delays!

I completely agree with you. I would hope they would prioritize custom orders first on the new models along with potentially dealer demo models for the first run.

Its very frustrating and there have been NUMEROUS time in the last year that I have been tempted to look elsewhere and at other options. I just saw today that the Canadian CLE 53 configurator is updated, which makes me think these cars will also arrive before mine.

Currently looking at the CLE 53 as an alternative as frustration builds.

Anyway. I think all you can do is keep busy and focus on other things. Nothing we can do will speed up the process so no point stressing too much more over it.
So, based on the lack of other responses, I'm guessing it's just you and me in this time-warp debacle. What car did you originally order?

I am not a "let it go person". But in the interest of preserving some goodwill I am NOT planning to go over everyone's head and call Ola Källenius just yet. BTW, I did call someone Stuttgart yesterday but they were hapless too.

I called MBUSA today and spent over 10 minutes getting the run-around. Great training on how to talk customer service and provide none.

I have been in almost constant contact with my sales rep who has been suffering through this with me (no commission until I pay for my car) and I sat at his desk on Tuesday while he called Baltimore VPC with my car's PO#. They were less than helpful.

So I thought, let me pursue this from another angle, Customer Support. I am a customer after all and this will be my third MB vehicle and second AMG. My goal was to motivate someone to have a "body" do some actual work and put their hands on my car and disposition it. Where is it? When will it be shipped and, hopefully, why has it been sitting for 6+ weeks? Or, to uncover some clerical error responsible for the delay.

The upshot is, after I gave MBUSA all of my customer info, their response was TO CALL MY DEALER AND ASK FOR MY SALES REP. I already knew that today was his day off and I told them so. I don't want any of this coming back on him and I already told him that I was going to call MB.

I gave MBUSA my contact info and have not heard back, yet. I responded to their online survey and gave them both barrels. Everything I said above plus, "Carl Benz is spinning in his grave after what has been done to his company."

You don't hear the marketing phrase; "The Best or nothing" anymore for a reason...

I am done.

Old Yesterday, 06:07 PM

So, based on the lack of other responses, I'm guessing it's just you and me in this time-warp debacle. What car did you originally order?

I am not a "let it go person". But in the interest of preserving some goodwill I am NOT planning to go over everyone's head and call Ola Källenius just yet. BTW, I did call someone Stuttgart yesterday but they were hapless too.

I called MBUSA today and spent over 10 minutes getting the run-around. Great training on how to talk customer service and provide none.

I have been in almost constant contact with my sales rep who has been suffering through this with me (no commission until I pay for my car) and I sat at his desk on Tuesday while he called Baltimore VPC with my car's PO#. They were less than helpful.

So I thought, let me pursue this from another angle, Customer Support. I am a customer after all and this will be my third MB vehicle and second AMG. My goal was to motivate someone to have a "body" do some actual work and put their hands on my car and disposition it. Where is it? When will it be shipped and, hopefully, why has it been sitting for 6+ weeks? Or, to uncover some clerical error responsible for the delay.

The upshot is, after I gave MBUSA all of my customer info, their response was TO CALL MY DEALER AND ASK FOR MY SALES REP. I already knew that today was his day off and I told them so. I don't want any of this coming back on him and I already told him that I was going to call MB.

I gave MBUSA my contact info and have not heard back, yet. I responded to their online survey and gave them both barrels. Everything I said above plus, "Carl Benz is spinning in his grave after what has been done to his company."

You don't hear the marketing phrase; "The Best or nothing" anymore for a reason...

I am done.
Yeah. I think I went through the this process as well of wanting answers, but ultimately came to the realization that I cant do anything to speed the process up. The car will come when it arrives and I just have to accept that.

As you said, the dealer and SA dont seem to be the ones responsible but MBUSA/MB Canada as a whole rather.

The car I ordered is the C63 SE.
Old Yesterday, 06:44 PM

C43
Sorry, but we're off topic now. You're buying a C63 4-cylinder hybrid that the purists have poo-poohed?J/K. I am all for hybrid power. Let the ICE do what it does best and the EM do what it does best, a formidable combination to be sure. 671hp and 752 ft-lbs is f'ing awesome. It's got to be an animal on the road. I'd have considered it except that I'm not a sedan guy, I hate the "B" pillar, right in my field of view and, the loss of trunk space was an issue. Plus, the coupé is just so much better looking, IMHO.

Just another aside; I read somewhere that in Europe car companies are being somehow "taxed" on the number of engine cylinders. 4 is the nominal minimum (there are cars with less), and 8 is a cost premium. My take is that "They" are trying to slow-walk us to smaller displacement/cyliners to support their political agenda(s) and the new C63S was AMG's response. I think that they failed to consider the American (and can I say Canadian?) "bigger is better" and "there's no replacement for displacement" mantras.

300 series MB cars are already 4-cylinders and are quite capable in performance; power and mileage so the change is already in effect so to speak. But AMG people want the MAX ICE and may not be comfortable with the hybrid approach.

I really like the mild-hybrid CLE's. I think that it's a step in the right direction, but it should be evolutionary and not revolutionary.

Nobody told the people of the world in the early 1900's that, if we don't stop using horses and start using cars, we'll be up to our armpits in horse manure in 50 years and the atmosphere will be overwhelmed with methane. Which is worse than CO2 as a greenhouse gas. The change was evolutionary, ICE cars and trucks won out due to their ability to do more work at lower operating cost and lower cost of ownership. Not to mention they were more fun to drive than horses.

Old Yesterday, 07:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,440 Likes on 2,079 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
What baffles me is that all these cars have GPS, MB surely knows where each and one of them are why is it so hard to provide such information? It doesn't make sense they don't track their vehicles because if one goes missing or a bunch goes missing, they just shrug it off???
Old Yesterday, 07:04 PM

C43
MB: "Vee bilt zee finest cars in zee verld, und vee dielifer zem ven vee see fit. Und, you vill like it."

Me; " Well, I want the car, I'll wait, but I won't LIKE it."
Old Yesterday, 07:18 PM

Sorry, but we're off topic now. You're buying a C63 4-cylinder hybrid that the purists have poo-poohed?J/K. I am all for hybrid power. Let the ICE do what it does best and the EM do what it does best, a formidable combination to be sure. 671hp and 752 ft-lbs is f'ing awesome. It's got to be an animal on the road. I'd have considered it except that I'm not a sedan guy, I hate the "B" pillar, right in my field of view and, the loss of trunk space was an issue. Plus, the coupé is just so much better looking, IMHO.

Just another aside; I read somewhere that in Europe car companies are being somehow "taxed" on the number of engine cylinders. 4 is the nominal minimum (there are cars with less), and 8 is a cost premium. My take is that "They" are trying to slow-walk us to smaller displacement/cyliners to support their political agenda(s) and the new C63S was AMG's response. I think that they failed to consider the American (and can I say Canadian?) "bigger is better" and "there's no replacement for displacement" mantras.

300 series MB cars are already 4-cylinders and are quite capable in performance; power and mileage so the change is already in effect so to speak. But AMG people want the MAX ICE and may not be comfortable with the hybrid approach.

I really like the mild-hybrid CLE's. I think that it's a step in the right direction, but it should be evolutionary and not revolutionary.

Nobody told the people of the world in the early 1900's that, if we don't stop using horses and start using cars, we'll be up to our armpits in horse manure in 50 years and the atmosphere will be overwhelmed with methane. Which is worse than CO2 as a greenhouse gas. The change was evolutionary, ICE cars and trucks won out due to their ability to do more work at lower operating cost and lower cost of ownership. Not to mention they were more fun to drive than horses.
Yeah, Il be honest and have had my eyes on this car since 2020. I knew it was going to be coming out in a few years and so when it was announced in 2022, I put the deposit down. I currently have a 2019 C43 coupe. I decided I wanted to go for a sedan for more practicality as i got older and the potential for a family may arise.

The V8-->4 cylinder was a dealbreaker for me personally. Id preferred a V6, but previously had a CLA45, so I know this engine is good. I am a car fan, enjoy new technology and avidly follow formula 1, so this intrigued me.

I am still looking forward to the car despite all the hate and critique. I figure, Il be the one to decide If I like it or not. I do honestly wish it sounded better though, but am going to see what its like in person with no OPF in North America.

Old Yesterday, 07:35 PM

C43
Yeah, Il be honest and have had my eyes on this car since 2020. I knew it was going to be coming out in a few years and so when it was announced in 2022, I put the deposit down. I currently have a 2019 C43 coupe. I decided I wanted to go for a sedan for more practicality as i got older and the potential for a family may arise.

The V8-->4 cylinder was a dealbreaker for me personally. Id preferred a V6, but previously had a CLA45, so I know this engine is good. I am a car fan, enjoy new technology and avidly follow formula 1, so this intrigued me.

I am still looking forward to the car despite all the hate and critique. I figure, Il be the one to decide If I like it or not. I do honestly wish it sounded better though, but am going to see what it's like in person with no OPF in North America.
Of course, "the eye of the beholder." IMO there's no hate just puritanical stubbornness.

BTW, as you can see from my sig, I currently drive a 2019 C43 too. I love it except for a few small number of nagging flaws. Power is ample, dual turbos and all, but, since I've driven a CLE 450 and 53, I can say, you don't know that you have turbo lag until you drive a car without it. Also, I did drive an A45 back in 2016 after I bought my regular CLA250, and it really felt like a real NA V8. But for some reason I didn't trade up...

I'm not going to rag on my C43. The CLE53 I have on order will be better in every way. Und I vill like it.
The following users liked this post:
Mayur999 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

Sadly. as you know the C236 CLE also has a b-pillar unlike the C238 E coupe. Oh well, but not a deal breaker for me,. although I will be annoyed the rear windows can't be opened.
Old Yesterday, 08:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

Of course, "the eye of the beholder." IMO there's no hate just puritanical stubbornness.

BTW, as you can see from my sig, I currently drive a 2019 C43 too. I love it except for a few small number of nagging flaws. Power is ample, dual turbos and all, but, since I've driven a CLE 450 and 53, I can say, you don't know that you have turbo lag until you drive a car without it. Also, I did drive an A45 back in 2016 after I bought my regular CLA250, and it really felt like a real NA V8. But for some reason I didn't trade up...

I'm not going to rag on my C43. The CLE53 I have on order will be better in every way. Und I vill like it.
Will be jealous that MBUSA market gets CLE 450, we only get CLE 300 here.

Will insert more jealousy the fact you already get to test the CLE 53 while Canada who knows when we will get it?
Old Yesterday, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Will be jealous that MBUSA market gets CLE 450, we only get CLE 300 here.

Will insert more jealousy the fact you already get to test the CLE 53 while Canada who knows when we will get it?
Just spoke to my SA. He mentioned the CLE 53s are sitting at VPC in Halifax. So definitely a lot closer to arriving than my car lol.

Last edited by Mayur999; Yesterday at 08:47 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:30 PM

C43
"Only the Shadow knows, mwahaha." J/K again.

UFB, why would MB limit its markets??? I am not going to speculate. If you really want something besides a 300, why not try order through the USA, if you're close enough.

AND, I am not goin to speculate as to the "why", but I suspect that we both know why...
Old Yesterday, 08:46 PM

C43
Thumbs down Yeah right.

Just spoke to my SA. Hen mentioned the CLE 53s are sitting at VPC in Halifax. So definitely a lot closer to arriving than my car lol.
And the cars are doing what, getting a suntan? I AM BAFFLED AT THIS MARKETING STRATEGY, or whatever it is. Nobody on this site can offer an explanation???

MBCA: "We've got the car you want right here, but you can't have it..." At best it's outmoded marketing strategy, at worst...draw tour own conclusion.
Old Yesterday, 09:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

Just spoke to my SA. He mentioned the CLE 53s are sitting at VPC in Halifax. So definitely a lot closer to arriving than my car lol.
Hmmm interesting, will be interesting how long will it sit there.
Old Yesterday, 09:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

"Only the Shadow knows, mwahaha." J/K again.

UFB, why would MB limit its markets??? I am not going to speculate. If you really want something besides a 300, why not try order through the USA, if you're close enough.

AND, I am not goin to speculate as to the "why", but I suspect that we both know why...
They won't let you buy vehicles from the USA and import to Canada and be road worthy. Same goes with the other way around, you can't buy a Canadian vehicle and move it to USA. https://www.mercedes-benz.ca/en/admissibility (if not the same nationality of the vehicle's origin sold market)