Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

bluetooth car kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2002, 07:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c230 coupe stick
Question bluetooth car kit

Just wondering if anyone had any sucess using a bluetooth car kit (mutes radio & plays thru speakers) with the c230 or other models. This possibility was raised in the forums a while ago but seemed unresolved.
Thanks
the quietman
Old 10-19-2002, 08:37 PM

2000 CLK 320
it seems like it should work if you have the non-digital BOSE sound system. With the non-digital, the connectors to the speakers can be found on the back of the head unit and the blue tooth kit can be connected to it directly. If you have the digital BOSE sound system, then it will be very difficult as the speaker signals are passed through the D2B or fiber optic system.
Old 10-20-2002, 08:34 AM

c230 coupe stick
Thumbs up bluetooth for c230- non bose

Thanks funky...I don't have the bose just the standard radio cassette..anyone have any recommendations.....did anyone on the forum install a bluetooth kit??
any help appreciated...thequietman
Old 10-21-2002, 08:52 PM
Almost a Member!

ML500
I was just checking the Smarteq - swedish manufacturer of hands-free car kits. They have adapter to fit in between your speakers and head unit. I am not positive if their bluetooth is alredy rolled-out yet. You can check their web site www.smarteq.com BTW what phone are you trying to use T68i or 6310i?
Old 10-22-2002, 12:46 PM

c230 coupe stick
Thumbs up thanks peralex

Thanks peralex...Iam hoping to use the t68i...Iam going to check out that website ...if thr bluetooth kit works it seems like it would solve a few headaches...I love the idea of wirless connectivity btw the phone and car. I thought about the bluetooth headset but then I would need to charge two devices!

Thanks again
thequietman
Old 10-22-2002, 04:39 PM
Almost a Member!

ML500
No problem. BTW there is another manufacturer in Europe - Parrot. Here is a link with some explanation of its features http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=PAR_CK3000 - voice recognition is sweet. One more thing - I have t68i and I installed regular handsfree kit made by Ericsson into my ML and to tell you the truth I would not go for bluetooth unless I will use different phones like t68i and 6310i (by Nokia)alternatively. I simply think that technology is to new. Just my 0.02 $. Good luck
Old 10-25-2002, 01:53 AM

2013 G 63 AMG
Sony-Ericsson have a Bluetooth handsfree kit coming

This is the Bluetooth handsfree kit you should get. I'm pretty confident it should work with any MBNZ model that doesn't have the digital Bose or harmon/kardon sound system (h/k system comes in 2003 G-Class and E-Class).

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=HCB-30
Old 10-30-2002, 06:47 AM

c230 coupe stick
Thumbs up bluuetooth car kit for c230

Thanks jimmyg...the sony ericcson kit sounds good. Any one know of a good installer in New York?

thanks
thequietman
Old 11-02-2002, 10:40 AM

2013 G 63 AMG
New COMAND will support Bluetooth

The new COMAND system coming first in the new W211 E55 AMG adds tons of new features, including support for Bluetooth phones. Now you can integrate any Bluetooth phone into your COMAND without having to invest in the overpriced MB-USA V60.

Now, only if I could upgrade the COMAND in my G500.

I just hope the 2004 G55 AMG comes with this new COMAND since I plan on getting one of those.
Old 02-10-2003, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 156 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
jimmyg or anyone have any more information or word on the upgradeable DVD Comand for the W211? Will the system be retrofitted to 2003 E-Class models? Thanks.

Is the 2003 W215 upgradeable to the DVD systems when released?
Old 02-10-2003, 12:48 PM

2013 SL 350, ML 350 BT
Originally posted by peralex
No problem. BTW there is another manufacturer in Europe - Parrot. Here is a link with some explanation of its features http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=PAR_CK3000 - voice recognition is sweet. One more thing - I have t68i and I installed regular handsfree kit made by Ericsson into my ML and to tell you the truth I would not go for bluetooth unless I will use different phones like t68i and 6310i (by Nokia)alternatively. I simply think that technology is to new. Just my 0.02 $. Good luck
Also, you can check this page in Germany, it is a MB suplier
www.peiker.de
Old 02-10-2003, 03:24 PM
Almost a Member!

E55
Some info from Europe. The DVD-command system is not yet available. It is still announced for march but there seems to be some problems. Actually the latest product info quotes :"...The measures taken to fullfil our high quality standards allows us to state that the DVD system will be available at the presentation of the waggon model..".

Well, you wouldn't emphasize this that way if everything would be fine. Anyway in Europe it will be march /april.

The point is that for the cars ordered and delivered already now you must order a special upgradable version of your Command in order to be able to upgrade at a later stage (cost you something).

So if you get the car now or the next months be sure that your orderlist include the upgrade option for the DVD command.

Otherwise you are stuck with the older system.

By the way the second screen between the front seat for the rear passengers is announced for Q3 2003.

regards

merlin
Old 02-10-2003, 04:08 PM

2013 SL 350, ML 350 BT
Originally posted by merlin
Some info from Europe. The DVD-command system is not yet available. It is still announced for march but there seems to be some problems. Actually the latest product info quotes :"...The measures taken to fullfil our high quality standards allows us to state that the DVD system will be available at the presentation of the waggon model..".

Well, you wouldn't emphasize this that way if everything would be fine. Anyway in Europe it will be march /april.

The point is that for the cars ordered and delivered already now you must order a special upgradable version of your Command in order to be able to upgrade at a later stage (cost you something).

So if you get the car now or the next months be sure that your orderlist include the upgrade option for the DVD command.

Otherwise you are stuck with the older system.

By the way the second screen between the front seat for the rear passengers is announced for Q3 2003.

regards

merlin
Merlin, are you sure about second screen for the rear seats? My 2003 S class has rear 16:9 monitor, do you think would be the same one?
Old 02-10-2003, 04:19 PM
Almost a Member!

E55
Originally posted by cone
Merlin, are you sure about second screen for the rear seats? My 2003 S class has rear 16:9 monitor, do you think would be the same one?
I am not sure about a 16:9 screen. I have seen a picture which I have to find. However the product infos state

a) a single screen between the two front passengerseats connected to the DVD command including a telecommand (available without rearscreen already 2Q 2003)

b) availability for the W211 and S211 3Q 2003

It has also beeen confirmed by my dealer.

By the way Bluetooth support will also be available 2Q2003.

Let's see if I find the picture

merlin
Old 04-23-2003, 05:11 PM

'99 ML430
I have purchased the Sonyericsson HCB-30 kit couple of months ago from Expansys. I have got also the advanced stereo mute. I went to Car Toys to have this kit installed. When we installed the kit through Bose system, I was getting tons of interference from the passenger side door speaker due to its internal amplification. We tried to bypass it however we could not run speaker wire from cabin to door without drilling so I had to settle for speaker that came with kit. We have showed the speaker behind plastic by driver's feet but it sounds great. If you plan on changing phones periodically, this kit is worth it.
Old 04-23-2003, 09:05 PM

2011 BMW 750 Individual, 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Arctic Edition
Cone/Merlin

I have a S500 being built for a June 1 Delivery. Are you saying I can have a screen put in the back from the factory???

Or, did you add an aftermarket product?
Old 04-24-2003, 03:26 AM
Almost a Member!

E55
@Taurian

Im my mail I was talking about a rear-screen to be ordered as optional from DC. Delivery date was/is Q3 2003 for the E-class so for your June delivery it will be too late :p

Which would mean you have to rely on a third party. or you could go to AMG with their new Media- system. A picture of the AMG - system you can see under:

http://www.jesmb.de/news/news/pics/amg-media.jpg

This system is available for E and S-class

merlin
Old 04-25-2003, 09:41 AM

2011 BMW 750 Individual, 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Arctic Edition
Merlin,

What is "optional from DC"? My car is being built as we speak. The V.60 phone is being installed in Maryland where the car comes in.

T
Old 03-17-2010, 05:23 AM

C230 Kompressor
Originally Posted by thequietman
Just wondering if anyone had any sucess using a bluetooth car kit (mutes radio & plays thru speakers) with the c230 or other models. This possibility was raised in the forums a while ago but seemed unresolved.
Thanks
the quietman
thequietman~

did you have any luck finding a bluetooth system that would integrate into your c230's phone system? I just purchased an 03 c230 and would love to utilize the system in the car but am having a difficult time finding which one will work and which accesories I need to purchase. Some experienced imput would be great!

Thanks!