Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

"No CD Changer" error message

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E-350 4-Matic with Sport Suspension
"No CD Changer" error message

I recently installed a factory MC3198 6 disc CD changer in my 1999 C280.

It was a simple plug & play installation, but recently the CD changer has been acting strange.

The CD changer works normally when I first start the car in the morning, but I get a "no CD changer" error message after I shut the car off for the first time (stopping for gas or coffee on the way to work). I turned the head unit and the car off & on a few times, but it didn't correct the problem.

The CD changer then will work again after the car sits a while (1/2 hour).

Any help word be appreciated.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a similar thing happen with mine. I was on a cross-country trip and the first day, the changer worked fine. Then when I got up in the morning, it didn't work at all and I got the "No CD Changer" message. It's bizarre, I got out of the car and the CD player was literally playing, then when I get back in, nothing.

I just got the car three months ago, so I took it back to the dealership and they messed around with it for a minute but couldn't get it to work without scheduling an appointment, etc. I haven't actually taken it in for work yet because I haven't had time. I wonder if there is something simple that I could do to fix it, like if a cord came loose or something.