Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

W210 Stereo Upgrade to Alpine CDA-9887(9885)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes W211 E80 Model 2009
W210 Stereo Upgrade to Alpine CDA-9887(9885)

I came across this great Alpine product the CDA-9887 I got blown by the technology it supports however the downside is that almost everything is optional!!! Where you have to buy everything from Alpine like the Bluetooth device, the USB reading device even the IPOD cable!!! And they are very expensive.

Anyway I fixed 4 Alpine SPS-17C2 speakers at the front doors and at the rear deck of my Mercedes E200 1998 (W210) car to replace the damaged front right door speaker and the rear deck rattled speaker....

Contrary to reviews I found out that the old speakers (factory speakers) were performing better even when they were damaged, they were producing much deeper Bass...

I want to install the Alpine 9887 receiver but I have been told that it requires a change to the whole wiring of the receiver even the integrated Antenna ( I don't know where is my car Antenna by the way can you tell me!!??).

I really don't want to mess thing up because I never ever changed or even touched a car stereo before; specially after the false claims of Crutchfield that installation of the speakers doesn't require customization; well it took the car stereo technician almost 3 hours to fix and fit the 4 speakers into their housing in the doors; he had to cut and re-create the factory housing for these speakers to fit in!!!!!!!! I wonder how crutchfield claims that there is no customization necessary.......

Anyway, will this CDA-9887 outperform my current factory stereo? there is nothing mentioned about the adjacent sensitivity and other FM specification are somehow low? Will the sound quality be way more better than the factory speakers?

What about the radio (which is the most important thing to me) specially with regards to adjacent channels, will they be clear and not disturbed?

Its similar to the CDA-9885 so any one who has this unit can judge on the the CDA-9887......

I really need you help here so I can take the decision?

Thanks.