Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

HELP! W210 Stereo Wiring

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 11:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 E55
Question HELP! W210 Stereo Wiring

Hello fellow Benz and Audio Enthusiast. I知 running into some questions on my current project. I知 in the process of installing a Nakamichi IN-DV7 in a 1999 W210 E55.

http://www.nakamichi.com/pfv/ICE/multimedia/indv7.htm

I just purchased the Metra VW Wire Harness (70-1784) and in the process of evaluating the stock wiring harness on the car. After reviewing many sites on MBWorld and Benzworld, I致e reached a stumbling block. After reading Firefox31 writeup (https://mbworld.org/forums/audio-electronics/151715-replacing-headunit-2002-e320-more.html)on aftermarket stereo installation (Thanks FF31!), the speaker match up just as mentioned. My problem is with the power/control block that does not quite match up and I am soliciting your advice on.

Here is what I am seeing in the stereo wire harness:

1 green/black VSS speed sense wire before 2000
2 gray wire--diagnostic connector pin 33
3 empty
4 red/white--constant 12V
5 blue/white (grey) --remote turn on lead
6 white(grey)/blue - ????
7 black/yellow wire

8 brown--ground wire

The bold items are the ones that differ from Firefox31 list. The black/yellow has moved from 3 to 7, but I didn稚 want to assume if the functionality remained the same (remote mute).

I would be greatly appreciated if anyone has some advice or insight on the unknown wires and if my assumptions were correct for the other pins list. Thanks.