Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Pioneer CA-R-PI-133 Installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 C230 Silver (SOLD), '14 Black C250 Coupe, '16 Deep Ocean Blue Silverado
Question Pioneer CA-R-PI-133 Installation

I have searched and really found nothing on how to install the steering wheel interface although it looks simple on the one picture instructions sent with the product.
I am setting up the installation for my new Avic-D3 and am having trouble with exactly how the steering wheel interface connects to the Scosche wiring harness that I have. I understand that the CA-R-PI-133 interface connects to the existing wiring harness in the car. It then seems that the female extensions from the interface should connect to the male portion of the Fakra plug on the new harness I connected to the D3. It just looks to me like the colors of the wires from the interface do not line up with the same colors on the new harness.

I would very much appreciate any help on this.
Attached Thumbnails Pioneer CA-R-PI-133 Installation-female-interface.jpg   Pioneer CA-R-PI-133 Installation-fakra-radio-harness.jpg   Pioneer CA-R-PI-133 Installation-rear-fakra01.jpg   Pioneer CA-R-PI-133 Installation-rear-fakra02.jpg   Pioneer CA-R-PI-133 Installation-rear-fakra03.jpg  

Old 11-17-2007, 02:26 PM

any updates?
Old 11-18-2007, 08:15 AM

2006 C230
The CA-R-PI-133 wires are connected directly to the head unit, the Fakra connector then connects directly to the connectors in the Car.

The only colors that didn't line up with the Pioneer connectors are the VSS and Reverse sensor if memory serves me correct. But they are labeled by pin on the instructions included with the Capri adapter.