Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

w209 complete stereo and HU rewire and install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w209 clk320 '04 19" black Remus exhaust ECU upgrade
w209 complete stereo and HU rewire and install

With fiber optics in all newer MB limiting options for aftermarket headunits, i have to rewire my complete auido system in my CLK to get my new NAV system/40gb HDD/DVD player sytems installed. i bought a phoenix gold 4 channel amp, a nice set of MB Quartz components, stereo removal keys, and a wiring kit - 2 guage because i plan on eventually installing a jl 12w7 i have laying around. I have found info on installing and wiring the front speakers - involves taking the door interior apart - link here http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthrea...r+card+removal. Has anyone else done this to there MB? If so, any tips or install guides? I have not really assessed how difficult it will be to run the power and AMP wires through the car. I assume I can just run them under the carpet. If its not out there I will document my install to facilitate the process. Thanks for any input!
Old 09-19-2007, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
S-class
If you could do an D.I.Y guide that would really help ALOT of ppl!
Old 09-19-2007, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo
Originally Posted by rattler555
With fiber optics in all newer MB limiting options for aftermarket headunits, i have to rewire my complete auido system in my CLK to get my new NAV system/40gb HDD/DVD player sytems installed.
That's common knowledge.. it been that way long before you car which I believe still has the older d2b system.

But it would be useful to see your labors detailed...