Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Euro/us Command

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C320 CDI Estate, E500 4M Wagon
Euro/us Command

What, exactly, are the differences? Anyone military and order your Benz in Germany and drive it there for awhile? I'm assuming they figure out a how to get the NAV working while you are over there?

Thanks,

Smash
Old 09-23-2007, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
The best source for the differences in detail is probably http://www.mercupgrades.com/

In broad strokes, U.S. COMANDs lack the chipset to decode DVD video; have different frequency coverage and tuning intervals for AM and FM radio; have different firmware; and lack TV input. They also lack RDS capability and some of the traffic advisory services in the European versions. The Euro version, I believe, lack adaptability to Sirius radio that newer U.S. versions have.

There may be other differences; however, U.S. versions have been able to display Euro nav discs (usually reported as a problem because the car owner wanted a U.S. disc) - so it is possible that you'll be able to use a U.S. spec with a European disc.

You might PM Diesel Benz to see if he has more detailed information - let him know the details of what you're bringing over.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C320 CDI Estate, E500 4M Wagon
Thanks for the post - yeah that's what I figured. My other two cars over there have the traffic info, kinda nice but when there's a stau in every direction coming back from Garmisch there's not many options...

In all seriousness it hasn't helped me much, so no worries on that.

I have several friends that have ordered US spec over there and driven for awhile, I know it will work, just wondered if anyone had any details. Probably just pop the disk in and go. I flew over here to buy my M/B - about 20-35K cheaper than I can get over there for a used E500 wagon...incredible.

http://www.mobile.de/SIDlcda8G95IXxR...1111269191369&

And thanks for the ipod info, I'm all set now, I ended up letting the dealer do it here in Tampa - great dealer by the way. Ipod is a must when I go back over there...sure am loving 101.5 and Sirius 80's while I'm in the land of the free however...you guys have it good...

Smash