Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

iPhone/v60 Puck/Volume Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 SL 500
iPhone/v60 Puck/Volume Problem

My iPhone is paired to my car using the v60 Puck and everything works just fine. I have the latest version of the firmware on the iPhone (1.1.1)

Problem: When I'm on a call, the volume through the speakers is very very low. I have to raise the volume all the way up through the steering wheel. When the phone call ends and I want to make another call, I pull the lever and say "Dial Number", the "lady" says "The number please" and it's so loud that I then have to lower the volume of the car, but then again, once it dials and begins ringing I have to raise the volume all the way up.

I think the problem is that my iPhone is not loud enough through the bluetooth connection, but I have found no way to fix that. My other phones (Motorola) don't have this problem. The volume is just fine.

BTW, I don't have a hearing problem.

Apple was no help.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thank you in advance.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 SL 500
Never mind. I can't believe I didn't think of this before!

I went to the car, once the phone paired I made a phone call through the car. During the call I started playing with the volume controls on the phone, which brought up the "bluetooth volume". It was half-way. So I raised it all the way and all is fine now.

Last edited by xtianpel; 09-29-2007 at 03:28 PM.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Originally Posted by xtianpel
Never mind. I can't believe I didn't think of this before!

I went to the car, once the phone paired I made a phone call through the car. During the call I started playing with the volume controls on the phone, which brought up the "bluetooth volume". It was half-way. So I raised it all the way and all is fine now.

By Golly, Christian, since the iPhone has an iPod section that always uses a variable volume control, that's what I was going to tell you - but glad you beat me to it.