Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Iphone and MB Bluetooth Puck problems and fixes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 02:41 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 C230
Iphone and MB Bluetooth Puck problems and fixes

The Iphone would pair with Mercedes Bluetooth Puck once, but I experience 2 problems:
- It would not auto-pair again when you get in and out of the car.
- It downloads "AT&T services" numbers instead of your phone book directory.
(I am using iPhone 1.0.2 .. not sure if it got fixed for 1.1.1 and newer)

I fixed the 1st issue thanks to Megapopular at every everythingiphone:
http://www.everythingiphone.com/foru...pair-5825.html

The 2nd issue is not fixed yet. But it should be easy: I need to find the iphone file that stores the "AT&T Services" phone numbers and use ibrick to replace the iphone file with my own phone book directory. Anybody did that already?

Below is the fix for the 1st issue. Iphone now auto-pair when I get in and out of the car.
-------------------
Ok, the trick is this: (you'll need a landline phone or another cellphone to get it to work) get your phone to pair with the 980bt, make sure your iPhone it's registered to the deck, then leave your iPhone on the bluetooth screen where it says "discoverable"... then you'll need to call your cell phone or send a text message to it... THIS TAKES IT OFF OF THE BLUETOOTH SCREEN BUT LEAVES YOUR PHONE IN THE DISCOVERABLE STATE!!! I've had my phone set like this for almost 2 weeks and it doesn't seem to run down the battery drastically or anything. Everytime I get in my car and put my deck in, VOILA, AUTO PAIR.

Last edited by bnzct; 09-30-2007 at 05:17 PM.