Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Confused -- Bluetooth Activation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Benz 2008 C350 sport
Confused -- Bluetooth Activation

Hi

Just picked a new C350 sport, and just can't get the phone to work -- don't know if equipment is compatible or I'm just doing it wrong -- I'm clearly not very good with technology.

My phone is the RIM Blackberry Pearl (8100). To activate the bluetooth in the car, I enabled it through the center controller button (I'm sure I did this right), and then pressed the phone button on the dash until a message "ready for bluetooth telephony" came up on the center screen. I then activated the bluetooth on my phone which led to the message on the blackberry screen "searching for bluetooth devices". One minute later I get a message on the blacberry saying "no devices found".

I did this several times with no success. Is it the blackberry or is it me????

Thanks for any help
Old 10-01-2007, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo
Originally Posted by MagNet
Hi

Just picked a new C350 sport, and just can't get the phone to work -- don't know if equipment is compatible or I'm just doing it wrong -- I'm clearly not very good with technology.

My phone is the RIM Blackberry Pearl (8100). To activate the bluetooth in the car, I enabled it through the center controller button (I'm sure I did this right), and then pressed the phone button on the dash until a message "ready for bluetooth telephony" came up on the center screen. I then activated the bluetooth on my phone which led to the message on the blackberry screen "searching for bluetooth devices". One minute later I get a message on the blacberry saying "no devices found".

I did this several times with no success. Is it the blackberry or is it me????

Thanks for any help
Here is a tip.

Why don't you go back to the nice salesman who sold you that car ( you did say new right? ) and get some support.

Not that I don't want to help or anything, but you said nothing about what you bought only that its a new car.

IF its an 08, who knows what the problem is and you're not likely going to find it here just yet.

That's why you should be getting that kind of help where you bought the car, then post the results so that others can learn from your experience.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:15 PM

Benz 2008 C350 sport
The car I bought new from a local dealership and just picked up is the 2008Mercedes C350 sport. I plan to go back to the dealership to have them look at it.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 297 Likes on 249 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
According to the MB Euro info, the W204 should work with the RIM 8100 Pearl.

Can you follow the German guide? Is this the way you tried to use it?

Last edited by Diesel Benz; 08-09-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:09 AM

Benz 2008 C350 sport
Thanks. Can't read german but will try to follow the diagrams. Thanks for being so helpful.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 S430, 2004 Cobra, 2004 Tahoe
MagNet-- Here's something to try...go to the phone screen, select phone, then phone list, then move it over to options and select "external authorization"...make sure your bluetooth is turned "on" on your blackberry...this mode will search the car for bluetooth devices (your blackberry), it should recognize the phone, then you have to enter the password (MBUSA or 62872)...then it should bond...if this does not work, let me know

Last edited by Blk04cobra1; 10-02-2007 at 09:50 AM.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:54 AM

Benz 2008 C350 sport
Blk04cobra1 --- thanks. I just tried it and it worked. My next challenge is to be able to access the blackberry contacts (phone & address list) through the car's controls and also be able to use voice commands. My next project if anyone has any advice.

Just a quick note to say I am a new member (to any forum) and this has been very helpful......thanks.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Originally Posted by MagNet
Blk04cobra1 --- thanks. I just tried it and it worked. My next challenge is to be able to access the blackberry contacts (phone & address list) through the car's controls and also be able to use voice commands. My next project if anyone has any advice.

Just a quick note to say I am a new member (to any forum) and this has been very helpful......thanks.
Magnet, your owner's manual, phone system manual (and COMAND manual, if you have COMAND) and Voice Control manual should tell you how to use the voice controls and the steering wheel controls. Unfortunately, they may cross-reference one another a bit. However, you'll learn a lot about your car by reading them.

The Blackberry 8100 is listed as a compatible phone by AWS, MB's partner for handsfree equipment (http://www.wireless4mb.com). If you are using compatible firmware, the phone book download should be automatic, each time you pair with your Bluetooth setup.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 S430, 2004 Cobra, 2004 Tahoe
Originally Posted by Skylaw
Magnet, your owner's manual, phone system manual (and COMAND manual, if you have COMAND) and Voice Control manual should tell you how to use the voice controls and the steering wheel controls. Unfortunately, they may cross-reference one another a bit. However, you'll learn a lot about your car by reading them.

The Blackberry 8100 is listed as a compatible phone by AWS, MB's partner for handsfree equipment (http://www.wireless4mb.com). If you are using compatible firmware, the phone book download should be automatic, each time you pair with your Bluetooth setup.
Unfortunately with the new C-class, it does not work like the old bluetooth pairing. You have to manually enter each contact you want (at least this is what im told) through the "business card" option. It's a little more tedious, so I would just enter the numbers you call most. Also, voice control is only available with the muli-media package.