Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

due to the lack of interest, should i just take it out?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Cl 500
due to the lack of interest, should i just take it out?

ok people, i have been debating, i currently realize that my Command 2.0 unit i have in my CL is really just.... Usless. from street names to searching, just bugs me.

i'm debating on buying a new unit to replace it but cant afford a MOST system, with the price tag of 10-15k

would it be hard to instal a aftermarket unit, and what would be the best/most functional unit available?

thanks in advance everyone

ALi
Old 10-02-2007, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by goliath27
ok people, i have been debating, i currently realize that my Command 2.0 unit i have in my CL is really just.... Usless. from street names to searching, just bugs me.

i'm debating on buying a new unit to replace it but cant afford a MOST system, with the price tag of 10-15k

would it be hard to instal a aftermarket unit, and what would be the best/most functional unit available?

thanks in advance everyone

ALi
You mean it isn't just outdated map data? Your car must have several devices on the fiber ring. Changing to MOST or after market would likely mean all of those would need to be changed.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
so for me to install that, i'll be running new wires either or huh. its not UNBEARABLE to live with the command unit i have now, its just..... i dunno lol.

i guess what i should be doing is getting me a PAC setup, prolly my best bet at video and audio AUX inputs, at least that way i can deal with it a lil more lol

ALi
Old 10-02-2007, 11:27 PM

I would look at the Pioneer AVIC line.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
dont want a motorized OUT headunit if i was to do anything at all regaurding that, i would want a double din unit, more factoryish and it just looks better

nah, i think the best option over all would have to be the PAC, and have a dvd player in the glove

i guess

ALi
Old 10-04-2007, 05:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
What PAC piece? Nice Avatar... Tribe starts tonight... yippee... will need something positive because the clowns are going to get whooped up on this weekend by the pats
Old 10-04-2007, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
haha sheilds your crazy lol, but true

i dont know which one exactly, but i'll look into it, will be stoping up to see u soon anyways

ALi
Old 10-04-2007, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
Pac shouldn't have anything for that vehicle, I know those guys pretty well over there. You know how to find me.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by jbondox
Pac shouldn't have anything for that vehicle, I know those guys pretty well over there. You know how to find me.

Cleansweep or Alpine's new piece. Double DIN Alpine or Pioneer unit. If you want to sepnd 10-15k, I would do a killer system and rims for that price. You'd get nav, better sound, better blue tooth, satellite, true iPod, I'll even throw in the ex wife for a good time.

There are a lot of options out there my man.. MOST means nothing anymore.

Last edited by ldangeli; 10-09-2007 at 05:39 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
I will be up there sometime this week, have to look into a few things, have your command screen pulled out I want to look at something on the back. I personally would pull it and drop a Kenwood touchscreen in it, or keep it intact and let me see the radio when it is pulled. I have been working on some new interfaces at the house that will allow you to get a full range signal 20-20k out of the command, down fall, you will need to amplify, which is good because the amp/gateway controller can't do everything in that compact size and be quality, like some of the after-market is... I said some... there is some cheap **** gear out there

But to be honest, the whole system is out dated by about 8 years.

What did I tell you about them clowns? if they would of kicked the field goal ( a 4 sure thing) they would of made the point spread, and many unhappy campers would of been broke... but no they wanted to go for 6 that wouldn't of mattered anyways....

yeah well as they say in Cleveland... there is always next year....