Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Voice activated phone dialling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220 Sport Premium Plus (W205)
Voice activated phone dialling

Hi, I have just joined and this is my first post, so apologies if this question has been asked before, but I can't seem to find a specific answer in any of the existing forums.

My newly acquired CLK200 has telephone pre-wiring and hands-free capability, so I now want to upgrade my old phone to a model from the official list, where either a specific cradle is available, or a bluetooth cradle can be used.

I am tending towards a Motorola RAZR V3i, with one of the reasons being that it has built-in voice activated dialling.

Since I don't have (and am unlikely to obtain) Linguatronic or similar, I think the only way to have voice activation is to use a handset where it is built in. (such as the RAZR V3/V3i)

What I am not sure about is whether or not I can activate the voice dialling system remotely when the phone is closed up in the cradle and whether or not the voice commands will function via the cradle/interface.

It it doesn't work at all then I'll have to put up with it, but I suppose it gives me a much bigger list of non-voice activated phones to choose from !

If anyone has any experience of trying or using this, I appreciate hearing from you.

Last edited by bmcadie; 11-07-2007 at 03:21 AM. Reason: spelling correction