Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

S63 IPOD Disapointment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 11:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S63 AMG
S63 IPOD Disapointment

I picked up my 2008 blk/blk loaded S63 Saturday with every option except the performance package and so far I am happy with everthing except the IPOD interface.

I mainly listen to books and maybe I am not using it correctly but instead of pausing the book when a call comes in it just mutes the book during the call so when the call is over you wind up missing a bunch of stuff. there is no easy way to rewind and you cannot control the IPOD's controls at all when its hooked up so you must remove the ipod from the cable, plug in headphones and manually rewind. Not an easy thing to do at 150 MPH.

I think the cable replaces the the Aux jack so I can't just string a wire from the glove box and put the IPOD in the cup holder to easily pause when the phone rings. Is anyone here having similar problems?

Also my check engine light went on after 75 miles but went off 50 miles later after refueling and making sure the gas cap was nice and tight (although it did not seem loose when I removed it)

Regards,
Don Biz
donbiz@@@yahoo.com
Old 11-16-2007, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
get the av cord and run it through the a/v jacks in the glovebox
Old 11-19-2007, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Hi, donbiz. Sorry to say, my iPod does pause (on music) when I make a call. However, my car is different from yours, and I use a Gateway 500 iPod adapter, not the OE.

It makes me wonder if there is a setting, either on COMAND or on your iPod that would pause rather than just mute your iPod? I don't know enough about your system to give you a definitive answer.