Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sirius in '06 C55?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Sirius in '06 C55?

So I'd like to get Sirius put in...what do I need? Is my car "prewired" for Sirius, and what exactly does that mean? That I can just get the equipment, plug it into the trunk and go?

When I click SAT it says "No Satellite Radio" or something like that. I have DVD Comand navi if that makes a difference. I dont want to drill any holes, and I dont want a complicated install...I read here that someone got a receiver and an antenna, plugged it into the trunk, attached the antenna under the trunk near the woofers and is good to go.

What exactly do I need to get Sirius up and running? Does anyone have a writeup or pictures or a description/ebay examples of what I need?

Thanks!
Old 12-28-2007, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Unless you want an aftermarket hack, contact your dealer. It's not an easy DIY.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300CE
Call The Dealer They Have The Harnesses.
3 Harnesses,a Kit, A Receiver And A Ant.
Good Luck
Old 12-29-2007, 11:06 AM
XJ9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
Originally Posted by rory breaker
So I'd like to get Sirius put in...what do I need? Is my car "prewired" for Sirius, and what exactly does that mean? That I can just get the equipment, plug it into the trunk and go?

When I click SAT it says "No Satellite Radio" or something like that. I have DVD Comand navi if that makes a difference. I dont want to drill any holes, and I dont want a complicated install...I read here that someone got a receiver and an antenna, plugged it into the trunk, attached the antenna under the trunk near the woofers and is good to go.

What exactly do I need to get Sirius up and running? Does anyone have a writeup or pictures or a description/ebay examples of what I need?

Thanks!

yes, your 06 should be prewired for sirius. That means that there is some extra optical cable and the three wire/4 pin connector sitting behind the passenger side trunk liner. You pull out the liner and remove the factory amplifier and there should be a bundle of unused wires and optical fiber. The kit includes a combo bracket that mounts the sirius above the factory amp between the liner and the rear quarter panel. Once you get it all mounted you need to patch the MOST optical fiber into the loop which involves pulling up a panel on the trunk floor and swapping an optical cable. Finally you need to mount and run the L band antenna back to the sirius module. The factory antenna mounts on the trunk lid requiring that you drill a hole in the trunk but you can forego the factory antenna for an aftermarket one that mounts hidden in the (empty) front induction cowl on the hood. run the wire all the way back and plug it in.

It is a bit involved as Skylaw mentioned: It takes the dealer 4 to 5 hours and they do these regularly. If you are technically inclined and reasonably handy then you can theoretically do it as a weekend project.