Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

harmon kardon drive and play/ ipod connection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02' C230 coupe kompressor
harmon kardon drive and play/ ipod connection

hey guys im wondering how you guys connected your ipod to your MB. because i have A 02 coupe with no aux or navi. i was considering in buying the harmon kardon drive and play version 1 and connecting it through the fm antenna wiring...

is that the best option for me or are there bettter kits out there that are cheaper and easy to install.
and if i do buy the harmon kardon drive and play ill need some tips installing it. thanks guys in advance!!!
Old 03-21-2008, 01:10 AM
Former Vendor

Any AMG Thats Around..
if you get the h/k... make sure you get the fm modulator with it.... and both the male and female anntenna adaptors..... loop it into the antenna lead... it will sound perfect... i have done this on a few cars... and a SL600 last week... no static... and its just 3 other wires... pos/rem/gnd.....

G/L
J
Old 03-21-2008, 07:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
I just want to say i have a HK D&P new in the box, was going to use it to control something other than an iPod but don't have the time... and want to start getting rid of some junk... I think $80 plus shipping would suffice. I don't have the FM Modulator though because I was using it for an experiment
Old 04-06-2008, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by smanzor88
hey guys im wondering how you guys connected your ipod to your MB. because i have A 02 coupe with no aux or navi. i was considering in buying the harmon kardon drive and play version 1 and connecting it through the fm antenna wiring...

is that the best option for me or are there bettter kits out there that are cheaper and easy to install.
and if i do buy the harmon kardon drive and play ill need some tips installing it. thanks guys in advance!!!
Have you looked into the Denison Ice Link. I just purchased it for my 2000 ML 430. It is not here yet. I heard it works pretty well. Kinda of expensive, 500 bucks, before the install.

Khaiser
Old 04-13-2008, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
i installed the hk d&p in my e55 and it works very well!!! i have the screen in my ashtray and the controller mounted on the side of the seat well.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:29 PM

2003 C230K Coupe
TuneTime, the tinters fried my antenna and I was wondering if I install the H/K system will I still get good sound or am I just completely screwed because of this?
Old 04-17-2008, 10:15 PM
Former Vendor

Any AMG Thats Around..
Originally Posted by kkkkgggg
TuneTime, the tinters fried my antenna and I was wondering if I install the H/K system will I still get good sound or am I just completely screwed because of this?
Hmmm... if they cut it by the glass then the H/K should work because it's going to input before it hits the rear glass.....

or if you have glass insurance.... you can go that route if there happens to be a crack in it...

Last edited by TuneTime; 04-17-2008 at 10:17 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:51 PM
Former Vendor

Any AMG Thats Around..
Originally Posted by kkkkgggg
Giving this more thought..... if they used tint with a high metal content, that could be causing the bad to no recieption.... That happens sometimes with the Carbon and Metal tints... i have seen the remote keys not work and loss of radio recieption... i guess first step to correcting the problem is to find out what tint is on the rear glass..... or if you know for a fact they sliced something...
Old 04-19-2008, 01:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 C230K SS
Installing D+P

For anyone who has done the install on a Drive + Play, I was wondering if you could help me out on this question (already posted in the W203 forum):

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/240497-wiring-question-constant-acc-wires-accessory-install.html
Old 08-12-2008, 06:01 PM

02' C230 coupe kompressor
hey tunetime thanks for the info..
I just have a single question though which brand of FM modulator did u use??
TIA