Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Aftermarket back-up camera question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 Clk550
Aftermarket back-up camera question

Has anyone tried connecting a back-up camera to a Command unit? And what camera should I use? Thanks for your help.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:18 AM
XJ9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
Originally Posted by babkis
Has anyone tried connecting a back-up camera to a Command unit? And what camera should I use? Thanks for your help.
with the CLK i believe that your only choice is going to be an RGB converter.. Basically it involves opening the radio and modifiying it to give it a composite video input. From there you just add you choice of camera. We have a local company that does that sort of work at our dealership and i think the going price for what you want is about $1500.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by babkis
........it is not that simple. Forget about the camera for a second. First you need an A/V input to the comand following which you can plug anything you want that has RCA jacks into the comand......including whatever back up camera you choose. Contact NAV-tv.com

Ted