Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

CD Player in 2008 S550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 S550; 2004 SL500
Question CD Player in 2008 S550

The COMAND screen displays my CD discs and tracks as "NO NAME." I assume from the fact that this is displayed beside the CD number and track number that titles should be available. I have regular, purchased CDs loaded. The owner's manual says, beside Disc name and Track name, "(only if saved on the disc)." I don't know why this isn't a part of the CDs; some are newly bought. Is there a way to get these displayed?
Old 08-31-2008, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 294 Likes on 246 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by John Heard
The COMAND screen displays my CD discs and tracks as "NO NAME." I assume from the fact that this is displayed beside the CD number and track number that titles should be available. I have regular, purchased CDs loaded. The owner's manual says, beside Disc name and Track name, "(only if saved on the disc)." I don't know why this isn't a part of the CDs; some are newly bought. Is there a way to get these displayed?
I don't know if you could edit the audio CD content and add track info but at least you can convert the discs to MP3 and let your computer find titles for the songs from an internet database and your MB would show all that info.

Actually I would put all the songs to a memory card and put that into the PCMCIA slot on the car. A lot faster than some iPod browsing and no need to handle CDs in the car.