Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Radio Silence!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 01:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'00 S-500, E-430S, '88 Mustang
Radio Silence!!!!!!!

ok after a week of silence from my speakers....im posting here!
Just got a '00 S-500, radio worked fine, until my friend hit some button...now theres no sound! No_cd changer on the display ...no cdsworking..Im all out of deas. I have unhooked the neg terminal, I have pulled the cd and amp out to unplug and reconnect the DB2 fiber cables"wake up the radio"....and nothing....the only thing left to do..is to physically pull out the whole radio unit and unplug the wires from the radio and reconnect. Hopefully that reset will work....unless someone has other ideas?

Can it be a fuse?? if so where can i find it
/
Old 10-06-2008, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 S430 4Matic
i just had the same thing happen to me in my 05 clk 350 anyone know how to reset the radio?
Old 10-07-2008, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Check that the mute button has not been pushed. Just push it in again.

Also check that the two Tele-Aid buttons in your center console were not pushed. That could start the tele-aid system trying to place a call, which will mute the audio. Your car likely has analog tele-aid, which no longer works, so there is no one to answer the call. If the mute button doesn't work, try initiating a tele-aid call on each button, then hang up with the cell phone button on your steering wheel.

Search the forum for "fuse diagram" if you can't find your copy, which is ordinarily stored with the tools in your spare tire compartment - often wrapped around one of the tools.