Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

k40 calibre install help needed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 07:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
911's and beyond
k40 calibre install help needed?

wuts up fellas, i got a k40 calibre bluetooth defuser EX and detector and need help on installing anyone have any expierience with it for a w211 or any MB and how did you install the difuser separate or on the frames what power source was tapped and how wires were ran etc.. i bought both front and rear frames any advice is good advice thanks in advance.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:59 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ML350, Lotus Elise
Originally Posted by Abboushi
wuts up fellas, i got a k40 calibre bluetooth defuser EX and detector and need help on installing anyone have any expierience with it for a w211 or any MB and how did you install the difuser separate or on the frames what power source was tapped and how wires were ran etc.. i bought both front and rear frames any advice is good advice thanks in advance.
The diffusers are meant to bolt directly to the license plate frames.. if you look you can see how the bolt holes match up. Alternatively the diffusers can be custom mounted but that can require some trimming to get them to fit in various places like the grille. The radar antennas themselves mount behind the grille in the front behind the bumper in the back. Wiring goes to the fuse centers in fornt and in back. The main module mounts under the dash and can run to the cigarette lighter for power.

Its a pretty involved job even for a professional installer, typically requiring 4-8 hours. If you are technically adept then its probably going to be a weekend project.