Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

iPod and iPhone Integration Kit Questions!?!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 07:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W204 C63 / W212 E63
Cool iPod and iPhone Integration Kit Questions!?!?!?!?!

Hi, I've been reading up on the new iPhone integration kit and it sounds great. Couple of questions to current users:

- Can I use a regular iPod (i.e., Classic or Nano) with the iPhone kit, will it plug in and if so can I just use the music functionality? Since the current iPod kit works only from the instrument panel and steering wheel, I'm wondering if connecting a regular iPod (instead of an iPhone) will allow it's use via the Command screen.

- Anyone have pictures of the iPhone's iPod functionality in action on the Command screen for pre-2009 cars (i.e., 2007 or 2008 CLS)? Does it look like navigating through the CD changer and tracks? How does it display playlists, artists, etc.?

- Will the iPhone kit's bluetooth functionality work with non-iPhone bluetooth phones? For example, could I connect my Samsung phone via bluetooth to the iPhone kit (as opposed to the original Mercedes bluetooth module).

- Finally, anyone able to get their iPod's to show on main screen of the new W204 C-Class? It does display on the instrument panel, but I've read that they were supposed to make it work on the main screen. I have also read about the new UMI, but I already have the Multimedia package on my car.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by shimmers; 12-30-2008 at 07:02 AM. Reason: edits