Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

going from bluetooth to handset to continue call?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
going from bluetooth to handset to continue call?

I have an 04 s430 with v60 cradle and bluetooth cradle adapter with an lg lotus phone. I can make phone calls just fine and voice quality is good (especially compared to the puck i tried 2 years ago which had horrible phone voice quality so this might be a version 2). While i am talking on the phone in my car, if i want to leave the car but continue talking on the phone through the handset, what is the appropriate way of doing that?

Also, related question, what about if still in the car talking but want to switch to handset for privacy?
Old 02-17-2009, 08:17 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 Volvo XC90 Magic/Amber, '95 E320 Cabriolet Midnight,'14 GL350 Lunar/Almond was '07 GL320CDI
Originally Posted by superflysocal
I have an 04 s430 with v60 cradle and bluetooth cradle adapter with an lg lotus phone. I can make phone calls just fine and voice quality is good (especially compared to the puck i tried 2 years ago which had horrible phone voice quality so this might be a version 2). While i am talking on the phone in my car, if i want to leave the car but continue talking on the phone through the handset, what is the appropriate way of doing that?

Also, related question, what about if still in the car talking but want to switch to handset for privacy?
The RAZR and iPhone i have used both have options on the phone to select "handset" if you want to switch...you could also "disconnect" the puck by pressing and holding the TEL button, but that would mean you would have to "reconnect" it for the next call to be recognized, vs. using the phone itself which would only last for the particular call you are on. Don't know any specifics about the Lotus...
Old 02-18-2009, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
The easiest way, in my C anyway, is to just hold the TEL button on the Comand unit for 3 or so seconds. A message will come up "Telephone being deactivated. Please wait..." and the call moves back to the handset.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by acr2001
The easiest way, in my C anyway, is to just hold the TEL button on the Comand unit for 3 or so seconds. A message will come up "Telephone being deactivated. Please wait..." and the call moves back to the handset.

thanks guys