Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

SIRUIS dead zones in SoCal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 SL550
SIRUIS dead zones in SoCal?

Hi, folks,

I have SIRIUS radio installed on my R230, and noticed some dead zones in Southern California, even when there were no obvious obstructions. I've heard stories of spotty coverage being an issue with the unit, but I wanted to rule out any known environmental issues before taking this into the dealer.

Is anyone on here aware of a web site or forum that talks about SIRIUS reception issues?

I'm specifically getting dropped coverage near the East L.A. Interchange, and along the Costa Mesa Freeway, for the locals out there.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-20-2009, 12:00 PM

08 E320 Bluetec
That doesn't make sense, respectfully. Southern Calif. is well within the footpath of satilite reception. I've listened to Both Sirius and XM well into Mexico.

Sometimes they lose reception sitting by a big tree and then they will work in Tunnels. Go figure, But they should work in the US.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:31 PM

2007 SL550
Originally Posted by Chip
Sometimes they lose reception sitting by a big tree and then they will work in Tunnels. Go figure, But they should work in the US.
Agreed -- and typically I get reception pretty much everywhere I would expect in Southern California. (Not in tunnels or next to tall buildings that might block reception, but pretty much everywhere else.) That's why this seems to strange. There are two specific locations, out in open areas, that have no reasonable explanation for them.