Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

2000 c280 sport bose audio issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 C280 Sport
2000 c280 sport bose audio issue

Hi,

I ham having a problem with my sound system. My driver side speakers (all on that side) are getting louder and quieter at random times. It only seems to happen while driving. When they "cut out" there is still music coming from them, just at lower volume. There is no crackling as I would expect from a loose wire or bad speaker. The passenger side has no issues. I see one amp in the trunk along with another rectangular box that the fiber optic cable plugs into.

What is that rectangular box?

I used rubberbands to hold the fiber optic cables in place (that fixed my cd changer issue) and tightened the two leades coming to and from the amp.

Is my amp bad?

Any ideas.

Please help.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:03 AM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
[QUOTE=shakescl;3469146]Hi,

I ham having a problem with my sound system. My driver side speakers (all on that side) are getting louder and quieter at random times. It only seems to happen while driving. When they "cut out" there is still music coming from them, just at lower volume. There is no crackling as I would expect from a loose wire or bad speaker. The passenger side has no issues. I see one amp in the trunk along with another rectangular box that the fiber optic cable plugs into.

What is that rectangular box?

I used rubberbands to hold the fiber optic cables in place (that fixed my cd changer issue) and tightened the two leades coming to and from the amp.

Is my amp bad?

I have issues with my Boose amp!
It sounds very low and blurry on drivers side when playing old skool tapes!
Passengers side plays natural and crispy!
I guess it's our amps that sucks!
Fixing it at a repairshop or gettinga new one is the only way to solve the problem.

What did you do with yours?
Did you get a new amp?
Old 01-25-2010, 01:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 C280 Sport
Since then, I found another issue. If I leave my car off and parked for a week. The battery would drain. I found a used amp for $170 from Lands Auto Dismantling. It seems to have fixed both problems. Drove it for aweek with no problems before putting it up for the winter.