Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Help me Tune the sound...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 12:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 C43 ///AMG
Help me Tune the sound...

I need help guys...I give up.

I have W202 C230 1999.....I have the stock cassette radio that came with the car...works nice and use it really when I miss using the ipod in the car cause honestly burning discs all the time is annoying.

I bought a Mercedes "Alpine Audio 10" last year and had it in the car. Very nice unit and the BIGGEST positive with that unit was the improvement in sound....night and day in clarity and "clean" sound, it has a very aftermarket deck sound. I also have an Infinity Basslink sub in the trunk to help the bass.

This is my problem. For the love of me I want to use the Audio 10 for the better sound aspect even though id lose ipod capability BUT, I cant seem to get the bass of the sub to match with the rest of the sound in the car...its eitheir to little or way too much bass.

With the regular tape stock deck, the bass is PERFECT, doesnt even need to be tuned much it just matches very well but the problem with that is, the sound is so "cheap" coming from that tape deck.

I tried everything and don't know what to do.....the problem here is the tuning of sound.