Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

watching DVD on CLK command system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2002, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 mercedes clk coupe
Originally posted by err0neous
How did you obtain your German COMAND unit? Is it a simple switch out if you already have US COMAND, like just pull it out, unplug everything and plug it back into the German unit? Also, do you have the TV tuner or video inputs on it?
its a hard one but im sure ur local stereo people can do it

i was at the dealer house of import in buenna park california and this guy was there with his tv on
so for those who have any doupts yes its duable

he wouldnt tell me where he got it at but he had it

ps brabus does it for set price of 5 grand ****en expensive as hell
Old 04-09-2002, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a car
Originally posted by err0neous
How did you obtain your German COMAND unit? Is it a simple switch out if you already have US COMAND, like just pull it out, unplug everything and plug it back into the German unit? Also, do you have the TV tuner or video inputs on it?

www.ebay.de is where I found it just do a search for "comand" I would not pay more that 750 US for it. I paid 750 and international shipping via my fedex account. You can buy the European Tuner but it won't work here because the PAL and NTSC differences. You will need a few things especially if you do not have a CANBUS equipped car. You might have some luck in finding a NON-CANBUS Comand unit. My car is 98 CLK320
So I purchased the CANBUS simulator which allows the Command unit to operate normally with out turning itself off every 35 minutes. This is due to the fact the the CANBUS now send the ignition signal that lets the Comand Unit know the the car is running. It also takes in the backlighting signals as well as VSS. If you do not have a Fiber optic cd-changer you will need to get one as the comand unit does not work with the older non optical cd-changers. I am going to purchase the Multimedia adapter for auxillary inputs to play dvd and stuff but I have yet to procure that from my German contact. You will also need to purchase the GPS antennae and adapter depending on which antennae you buy. Hell I might become a US distributor for www.megacomm.de
Hope this helps.

Last edited by gareeb; 04-09-2002 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-09-2002, 08:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02 CLK 430 Coupe
I have an 02 430 with factory COMAND with fiber cd changer so I think I should not have a problem. I should just be able to pull it out and put the German one in its place, right? I am not looking to watch TV, I just want to be able to hook up an external DVD player or PC, like the pictures on the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1720581934

Do you think I would still need the tuner in order to use that?

Thanks for your help.
Old 04-09-2002, 08:57 PM

a car
You don't need the tuner to use that device

That one plugs directly into the back of the Comand unit. There is another adapter that lets the TV accept a A/V input.
This one works alone. I'd buy if if I were you Hell I might buy it
just kiddin.
Old 04-10-2002, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GL450, Sienna SE
My car did not come with Command but it is an option. Would the euro command still work?
Old 04-10-2002, 04:48 PM

a car
Originally posted by BrabusCClass
My car did not come with Command but it is an option. Would the euro command still work?
You will have to find the C Klasse Comand unit as the front panel is different from the Comand units that are in the CLK and E Klasse units.
If you do a search on www.ebay.de you will mostly likely find one that will say that it is for the C Klasse only due to the front design of it.
Old 05-22-2002, 09:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
PICS

...........SEE MY NEW POST FOR THE PICS. I WAS ABLE TO GET, DVD PLAYER, DVD CHANGER, MOTOROLLA V60 AND ALPINE XM RADIO INTEGRATED WITH THE COMMAND.

TED